Help: Orthos not loading despite correct scenery order

Go to solution Solved by Ðŗąçø,

Question

9 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Ðŗąçø said:

The log.txt only shows four Ortho4XP tiles. Perhaps you just need to move your resulting tiles in the Tiles folder into Custom Scenery?

Thanks for the help. I downloaded the orthos from US Ortho from org and world orthos from global ortho from org too. Here are the files. I installed them correctly. image.thumb.png.7c21a6aa246b67fcc9b6cd8e3344867e.pngimage.thumb.png.89fd655f1940adafa5aedf7a941dab19.pngimage.thumb.png.ab82f9b2d7eab2b8744ecc93affdeaec.png

3 minutes ago, qwqaholic said:

Thanks for the help. I downloaded the orthos from US Ortho from org and world orthos from global ortho from org too. Here are the files. I installed them correctly. 

Ah right, sorry I didn't realise that was there. I'm looking at HD Mesh V4 as a likely suspect, because by default, you can't have HD Mesh and ortho loaded at the same time, since they both use the same file names whilst loaded.

In short: if scenery packs load two or more .dsf tiles for the same tile, the one higher in scenery_packs.ini will take priority.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Ðŗąçø said:

Ah right, sorry I didn't realise that was there. I'm looking at HD Mesh V4 as a likely suspect, because by default, you can't have HD Mesh and ortho loaded at the same time, since they both use the same file names whilst loaded.

In short: if scenery packs load two or more .dsf tiles for the same tile, the one higher in scenery_packs.ini will take priority.

Thank you. So I have .dsf files for California in the y_ortho_overlays folder and I also have .dsf files,  in the Earth Nav Data folder inside California Ortho folder. I did like the file creator told me to with the installation notes. I should've contacted him, but everyone says he's AWOL so the solution for me is to ask others for help. Here's are the ones i downloaded.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/48974-global-photoscenery-ifr-only/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-260135
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36327-us-orthophotos/

10 hours ago, Xephyr said:

The line between where ortho ends/default begins will always be there - it's an unavoidable occurrence that we've all got to deal with

thank you, but what  causes that? When I load the KSAN scenery, that doesn't happen, only happens with KLAX