update 1.6 trojan ?

ciscoav

this morning I was looking at the mails when i see an update to 1.6 sended from Threshold store, this is the entire mail. 

DONT USE THE LINK 

You are receiving this email because you purchased a product named "xEnviro 2020" from Threshold AS on Jun 29, 2023. This message is to let you know that a new version of "xEnviro 2020" is available for download.  If you have any questions or concerns, please email Threshold AS at us@thresholdx.net (or simply reply to this email).
-----

Hi Francesco,

The product xEnviro 2020 has just been updated. In receiving this email you have been given access to the updated version that can be downloaded by visiting the order URL: https://XtransactionXXXXs.sendowl.com/orders/1280431XXXX11/download/1XXXX30f054a30241XXXX9a406f1cde5b57e1550

The seller has added the following message for this update:

### [1.06]
### Added
- Default option to Flight Simulator toolbar visibility selector.
- Default option to Flight Simulator toolbar scale selector.
- Simbrief destination weather applies with a higher priority.

### Changed
- Cloud layer altitude change procedures.

### Removed
- None.

For any questions relating to the updated product, please get in touch with the developer. Contact information can be found on the product page. If you have any questions or trouble with your order, contact us in the chat at www.store.thresholdx.net. If you do not wish to receive further updates on this order, please follow this link: http://transactions.sendowl.com/orders/128043111/unsubscribe/130f054a302419a406f1cde5b57e1550

Thanks,

The Threshold team

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I downloaded and installed, even the installer graphics are the same and everything is accurate, not seeing the update, I checked the email address and it was <noreply@sendowl.com>, after a few seconds the antivirus warned me of a trojan

Evento: Rilevato un oggetto dannoso
Applicazione: xEnviro2020_106.exe
Utente:XXXXXXX
Tipo di utente: Utente attivo
Componente: Controllo sistema
Descrizione risultato: Rilevato
Tipo: Trojan
Nome: PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic
Livello di pericolosità: Alto
Tipo di oggetto: Processo
Percorso oggetto: c:\users\xxxxxxx\appdata\local\temp\rar$exa15532.18496
Nome oggetto: xenviro2020_106.exe
Motivo: Database
Data rilascio database: Oggi, 05/08/2023 03:53:00

how is it possible? Was there a data loss? how do they know these things and send me a mail?

Francesco

Edited by ciscoav