Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kitten

Ads in Threshold?

Your choice  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you mind ads in here, the store and the editorial?

• I do not mind ads at all. Bring them in and fill it up.
    • I don't mind - but only if they are flight sim related.
    • Please keep it ad free.

When we started Threshold we never knew that we would grow this fast and get the activity level we have today. We love the fact that you all have joined and we want to continue to provide a complete platform for developers and the community as a whole. But this activity comes at a cost and we are struggling to get ends to meet. I am afraid we have to rethink our strategies and change our mind on an ad free environment. Unless we get enough sales in the store, generous donations from few or a small donation from many.
So here is our question to you: How would you feel if we started to show ads on our sites?
(Ad Blockers will of course defeat this solution.. )

Please consider donating or even subscribe to donate on a monthly basis.
(If we get over 10% of the donation goal a month I will completely ignore this poll result since I would like to keep it ad free myself..)
Voting is anonomous

While them are not invasive publicity. It would be ok.

The money should come from some place, and I think its one of the little options a forum has.

A % from the store sells could be another idea, but idk if its implemented yet.

• Like 1

Ads indeed doesn't sound nice to anyone but if it's required to keep the forum alive, I believe people would not mind. However, making some special deals or some nice advantages (or at least a nice text showing you donated next to your username) for people who donate might attract people to donate at least a dollar or two.

20 hours ago, b787 said:

While them are not invasive publicity. It would be ok.

The money should come from some place, and I think its one of the little options a forum has.

A % from the store sells could be another idea, but idk if its implemented yet.

Threshold is one company. So all expenses and income is shared between the editorial, store and forum.

19 hours ago, qwqaholic said:

Ads indeed doesn't sound nice to anyone but if it's required to keep the forum alive, I believe people would not mind. However, making some special deals or some nice advantages (or at least a nice text showing you donated next to your username) for people who donate might attract people to donate at least a dollar or two.

The tag might be a good idea. I'll look into this. 😃

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this