Before giving it a go...

TIPAH

Hi all,

I have a home cockpit so basically I don t use the keyboard and mouse any more.

Before purchasing this bird, I d like to know if every single function of this plane can be bind to keyboard stroke?  I mean functions like the lights, avionics, fuel selector...etc  or does it use custom dataref that manes the function not available from the xplane menu?

Similarly, does use custom dataref for the insturments data like the engine oil press/Temperature, EGT, manifold pressure...etc or does it use the native xplane dataref?

How does it affect the FPS?  

Thanks in advance.

Taxi Into Position And Hold (TIPAH)

Hi TIPAH,

Yes, every function in this aircraft can be toggled by our (custom) commands. These commands are published to the X-Plane Command interface and can be toggled by keystrokes, buttons, etc. If you have any question about a specific command, I am more than happy to help. 

The gauges do use custom datarefs (all are published to dataref-editor for viewing), but the values are based on the native X-Plane engine datarefs, so both will display similar values. 

Regarding FPS, the plane performs quite well on my system, on par or better on FPS to other high-quality payware aircraft. 

Awesome!  I think you can count me among your customers soon 😊

I love the Mooney!

Thanks for your prompt answer!  I m asking because of this:

So I need everything to be assigned to keyboard stroke.  The gauges are driven by a software that read xplane native dataref.

Cheers

TIPAH

Edited by TIPAH

That s perfect.  I ll buy tomorrow, too busy this evening.  Can t wait to try it 😁

It means that you can add some command if I need?  Like the ELT switch for instance?  I know it is not really used in the sim but since I have it on my panel 😊

Does the plane save the status of the radio units?  I m used to toggle all the avionics ON with a single switch (since it is the case for the 172 with bus 1 and 2 avionic switches).  Is it possible with the mooney?  Otherwise it means that I will have to scroll down in the xplane cockpit to turn ON the DME or ADF for instance with the mouse?  Put it that way:  can I turn all the avionics ON using a single command?

Sorry to bother you with such details but with home cockpit that makes our life more complicated.

Regards

PS: curently downloading finally 😁

Edited by TIPAH