Failed to find ...

172MC

Encountered a Failed to find … error about the texture for OpenSceneryX/lines/solid_lines/red_on_black/line.lin - the texture command should be ../../../shared_textures/cormac_shaw/xpih_lines_01.png (instead of ../../shared_textures/cormac_shaw/xpih_lines_01.png).  There is also a superfluous empty folder  OpenSceneryX/lines/shared_textures/cormac_shaw.

Having found the error, I fixed it and relaunched to check, before saving the log.txt with the error - sorry about that.

Well that's weird.  It seems that the upload of the new version to the hosting platform didn't update that file.  Which is a worry, as I don't know which other files it may have missed.  

That one is fixed, but I'll need to do an analysis of this to find out what else was missed.

You will occasionally see empty folders - that's fine, the installer only works with files, so it doesn't care about folders apart from that they exist.  I could improve the logic to check whether to delete the containing folder whenever it deletes a file, but it's not a biggie.

Ok, I've done a full audit and the following items hadn't uploaded:

/lines/solid_lines/red_on_black/line.lin
/forests/grass/12/0.7-1.0m/forest.for
/forests/grass/4/0.7-1.0m/forest.for
/forests/plants/asteraceae/2/0.5-0.7m/forest.for
/forests/plants/asteraceae/3/0.3-0.4m/forest.for
/forests/plants/asteraceae/3/0.6-0.9m/forest.for
/forests/plants/asteraceae/3/0.4-0.6m/forest.for
/forests/plants/laurus/1/4.5-9.0m/forest.for
/objects/vegetation/quercus/17/6m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/quercus/16/12m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/quercus/16/8m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/quercus/16/6m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/quercus/16/10m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/corylus/1/12m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/corylus/1/8m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/corylus/1/14m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/corylus/1/10m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/acer/3/8m/object.obj
/objects/vegetation/acer/3/14m/object.obj

This would have caused two problems:

1. As @172MC discovered, as these all reference a texture that has been moved, any scenery packages that use them would throw an error in X-Plane.
  2. The installer would download these items every time it ran.

These are now all fixed.  I'm a bit worried for future deploys though - If synching up to the server is no longer reliable, errors like this could creep into every deploy. I'll put this into my post-release testing in future.

Cheers,
Austin G.

Edited by aussi

I have not encountered any other issue, with seasons disabled (and nothing has conflicted with my own set of seasons add-ons) and injecting static aircraft enabled.  This is using XP with several hundred custom sceneries and many overlays that use OpensceneryX.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 172MC said:

I have not encountered any other issue, with seasons disabled (and nothing has conflicted with my own set of seasons add-ons) and injecting static aircraft enabled.  This is using XP with several hundred custom sceneries and many overlays that use OpensceneryX.

That's really positive news, thank you very much for spending the time to test. It's good to hear you haven't found any issues across the large number of sceneries you have installed.

• aussi locked this topic