ThatPlaneEnthusiast

Threshold phone app & newsletter.

Hi everyone! I joined threshold August of last year, and I'm pleased on how far it has come. I have two suggestions that I believe likely would further the popularity of threshold.

To begin, Imagine this: You were on the go and you get a notification from your favorite club with a new update that you been waiting for weeks, or a developer has replied back to you on a forum you been waiting for awhile. A threshold app would be very nice to have with X-Plane news at the touch of your finger tips. It would further the popularity of Threshold because members would be more active with Threshold being accessible on the go. I know you could access threshold via the integrated web browser on phones, however having it as an app would be more beneficial. Getting notifications would boost activity from users and make me want to check Threshold even more. Not to mention, this also brings the opportunity to add in app purchases. Accessing threshold on the phone as an app would also attract users as phones are more user friendly; as today's generation is learning more and more how to navigate and interact with apps.

Next, I think it would be cool to have a weekly daily or monthly newsletter than users could sign up via text message or email. You could implement editorials as the emails. For example, every Monday, the advocates would receive the No Money Mondays editorial in email forum, or every Sunday Week Highlights. This idea could be implemented even deeper as users could also individually subscribe to topics within the editorial such as Aircraft Update or Scenery Release and so on. This could also invite more users to use Threshold more as they want to click on the email's links to follow through on what they saw within the email.

In conclusion I believe having a phone application of Threshold would not only boost activity on the site, but also open many opportunities and invite other creative ideas such as notifications that highlights your favorite club, forum messages et cetera. And, having a Threshold newsletter would be a cool feature that would get users updated weekly, monthly, daily about their favorite subject among the editorials.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a pleasant day!

• Like 4

First of all, fantastic ideas!

We've been throwing around the idea of a mobile app for a little while now, the only problem being that there is a distinct lack of mobile coding experience in our team! 

Newsletters are also an idea we've had there-or-there-abouts for a bit - it's an idea I'd personally love to integrate 🙂

In the meantime, if you would like the latest notifications from us about news you could join our Discord server (https://discord.gg/eHQv8Nk) and enable notifications on the "#news" channel. It's a bit of a half-solution, but the good news is we should have Browser notifications working soonish!

Thanks again 🙂

The .org was accessible at one time from TapTalk. Some reason or other they discoed it. I think this would be an inexpensive alternative for Threshold to creating an app for iOS or any other platform. TapTalk worked pretty good imo ;)

Just my 2.5 cents!