M20 problems loading into xp11,32r2

BRADLEY WALSH

4 hours ago, BRADLEY WALSH said:

Every time I load m20 into a flight I get asked to activate.

Once loaded into vr flight, dummy pilot and passenger obscure vr vision.

Please help

Can you attach your "log.txt" file that is located in the "X-Plane 11" folder. This file is overwritten each time you launch X-Plane, so please load the M20 in X-Plane, quit X-Plane then send the log file.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, jcallum said:

It looks like the XGS plugin is installed. There is a compatibility issue with the library that plugin uses, so it doesn't work with our aircraft. (We both use libacfutils, but since their plugin loads before any aircraft plugins, their older version of libacfutils loads before our newer version, causing X-Plane to throw an error and not load our plugin)

3 hours ago, Coop1019 said:

It looks like the XGS plugin is installed. There is a compatibility issue with the library that plugin uses, so it doesn't work with our aircraft. (We both use libacfutils, but since their plugin loads before any aircraft plugins, their older version of libacfutils loads before our newer version, causing X-Plane to throw an error and not load our plugin)

I tried deleting the XGS plugin and then loaded up the Mooney and got the same result. See log file attached.

Log.txt

Interesting, it appears that the plugin doesn't even exist in your aircraft folder. Can you check the contents of your: "E:\X-Plane 11/Aircraft/AFM/M20R Ovation III/plugins" folder? X-Plane isn't even trying to load anything. I would recommend reinstalling the aircraft as it appears that somehow files were deleted/removed (possibly some over-active antivirus?) from the plugins directory.

And responding to why it doesn't work now with XGS, I am not sure - there must have been an update on their side recently? We obviously cannot control what plugins people have installed, XGS Landing Speed is currently our only known plugin that is not compatible with the aircraft. We are working on a way to circumvent this issue, but in the meantime, there are many other free landing speed plugins that do not rely on this library (which is designed for aircraft) to function. 

5 hours ago, Coop1019 said:

Interesting, it appears that the plugin doesn't even exist in your aircraft folder. Can you check the contents of your: "E:\X-Plane 11/Aircraft/AFM/M20R Ovation III/plugins" folder? X-Plane isn't even trying to load anything. I would recommend reinstalling the aircraft as it appears that somehow files were deleted/removed (possibly some over-active antivirus?) from the plugins directory.

Ok. Will try a reinstall.

John

5 hours ago, Coop1019 said:

And responding to why it doesn't work now with XGS, I am not sure - there must have been an update on their side recently? We obviously cannot control what plugins people have installed, XGS Landing Speed is currently our only known plugin that is not compatible with the aircraft. We are working on a way to circumvent this issue, but in the meantime, there are many other free landing speed plugins that do not rely on this library (which is designed for aircraft) to function. 

I looked in the aircraft plugin folder and there is a plugin there called M20R. 

Ok. So I reinstalled v 3.0.2 from the store. This was a downgrade as I was using the v 4.0 beta. The problem with the pilots in the cockpit is fixed. Maybe there is an issue with the beta? Should I try reinstalling version 4.0?

John.

10 hours ago, jcallum said:

Ok. So I reinstalled v 3.0.2 from the store. This was a downgrade as I was using the v 4.0 beta. The problem with the pilots in the cockpit is fixed. Maybe there is an issue with the beta? Should I try reinstalling version 4.0?

John.

Yeah, reinstalling the beta should hopefully work.

• 4 weeks later...

Good Day,

I have a problem with the Ovation III and Acclaim. Both load fine into Xplane, but when turning on the Master switch, nothing happens. Even when hitting (shift,ctrl,E) the engine does not start. What is interesting is that the Ovation II works fine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Faisal.

6 hours ago, Faisal said:

Good Day,

I have a problem with the Ovation III and Acclaim. Both load fine into Xplane, but when turning on the Master switch, nothing happens. Even when hitting (shift,ctrl,E) the engine does not start. What is interesting is that the Ovation II works fine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Faisal.

Can you upload your log.txt file located in the X-Plane 11 folder? Grab this file after loading the Ovation 3 in-sim, so it has the applicable information. Thank you!

11 hours ago, Coop1019 said:

The plugin should be loading fine - as it looks OK in the settings menu. The battery might be dead, that might be the problem, you can charge it from the sidebar menu -> settings -> charge batteries

You are correct. I charged the battery and it worked. Thank you for the help.

Faisal

• Like 1