FlightFactor A350 Door Location

A380s

On 7/18/2020 at 12:25 AM, AVC29 said:

Sorry to bring this up again, but with the latest version of SAM (updated just now), and the new release of the A350, also just updated, I am unable to connect to door L2, and the jetways are not in the correct place for L1. How can I fix this?

I have downloaded the updated Aircraft.xml linked above, but the issue still remains. Door L2 does not appear as an option to connect to, and the jetways for L1 are incorrectly placed.

I am using my own VVDN scenery https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/53661-vvdn-da-nang-international-airport-vietnam-sam-wt3-ready/

Hi Marten,

Same issue here, A350's old problem is alive again. B789 Magknight in the same position have no problem with connection. Testing my new scenery with different add-ons I own.

A350_xp11 - 2020-07-19 17.13.04.jpg

B7879 - 2020-07-19 17.18.27.jpg

14 minutes ago, Marten@Stairport said:

They changed the identifier tags in the acf (again). Don't ask me why they do it with every update, quite annoying. We will have to update the config with the next SAM version.

I guess it can wait, no rush. Luckily we have one working door anyways :)

28 minutes ago, Marten@Stairport said:

I just tested your LTFJ scenery and those jetways are obviously too short to connect:

image.png.b5d11f8cbd2f22f811c53738453986a9.png

If you send me the scenery link + gate number of your screenshot I will try to replicate your exact situation.

This wasn't the one I wanted to direct you to, sorry. Here are the links: 

I tried it at Gate G9 and A11 in LTFM but it is a new WIP unfinished version. Either of the above should be good enough to test (all Center gates with 2 or more jetways at piers)

Regards.

@Marten@Stairport  I managed to get the LF2 jetway working.  I noticed in your aircraft.xls file that you had the author of the a350 set to "FlightFactor and QPAC."  In the a350's .acf file the author is now listed as "FlightFactor and ToLiss."  once I changed that in your xls file the jetway worked. 

There maybe another potential problem, in order to get JD's ground handling plugin to work with the A350, the name of the ground handling set has to match what's in the aircraft's description in the acf.  That is blank in the A350's acf, so a user has to edit it.  Once I put something in the aircraft's description, the LF2 jetway stopped working.  I gather that the SAM plugin has to match three things for it to fully work, the acf name, the author, and the description.  Can you do away with  the SAM plugin's requirement to match the description?

Strange, though, that the LF1 jetway always works.

Edited by DarthBelan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DarthBelan said:

In the a350's .acf file the author is now listed as "FlightFactor and ToLiss." 

Interesting. I updated the aircraft and reconfigured it and it didn't change for me but probably a mistake on my side somewhere. We will include both just to be safe.

9 hours ago, DarthBelan said:

Strange, though, that the LF1 jetway always works.

Not at all. SAM has a fallback to any door which is configured by the aircraft author (only LF1) in case a custom SAM config couldn't be found 😉

Hi @Marten@Stairport This is my first post here but hopefully it will be a helpful one! 🙂

This has all got quite complicated but hopefully I can shed some light on it as I spent several hours trying to fix the A350 door position.

1. Toliss mad several changes to the aircraft in the 1.6.8 (beta) release. You have to opt into Beta's to get the latest aircraft. 

2. The main change affects the ability of SAM to find the correct door positions from aircraft. xml as the Author has changed to "Flight Factor and ToLiss" This can be further complicated by changing the aircraft description as this field in the default aircraft is blank meaning Ground Handling deluxe doesn't work. Most people will edit this, I have and my description is A350.

3. In most cases the lookup fails (see the SAM log file!) and unfortunately the fall back dataref for the door position is around 1m too far back, I'm not sure if they changed  it but it is wrong.

4. The data refs to open the doors also do not work. I'm guessing these got changed too..... 😞

5. By trial and error I found a working configuration for door LF1 as follows:

<acf name="A350_xp11.acf" author="FlightFactor and ToLiss" description="A350">
    <door position="LF1" x="-2.65000007" y="1.295000005" z="-25.0959995" psi="9.63000011" opendref="sim/cockpit2/switches/custom_slider_on[0]" openvalue="1" opendelay="10" closedref="sim/cockpit2/switches/custom_slider_on[0]" closevalue="0" closedelay="10" type="0" />

6. This is not perfect but it works now. 

I'm hereby requesting the SAM team to edit the aircraft.xml file for all A350 door position changes and to post a new file.

I hope the above helps. I think SAM is an absolutely great add on and has really added immersion to the simulation!

Kind regards, Chris

Edited by chrispalf
tag developer
  • Like 1

@chrispalf Thanks for your detailed feedback. We are already on it, expect a fix in the next version.

One background information for you guys: We have different items to identify the aircraft as someone already stated. The reason why we use a combination of those rather then a single value is that they can be the same for 2 different aircrafts. Like description "A350" could cover a A350-900 or A350-1000 which might have different door configurations. Or you have the same aircraft type from 2 different developers like A320 from FlightFactor or JARDesign. In theory the doors should be in the same position but... from our experience every aircraft model is different (but nothing is like the real).

All in all we have to monitor all aircrafts in that regard but to the fact that there are so many (yes we own ALL) it's hard to keep track of everytime. Therefore thank you for your help and support!

Edited by Marten@Stairport
  • Thanks 1

@Marten@Stairport

Thanks for the fast response and for the clear information.

When you say "next release" will this be delivered by the SAM Suite updater or do you have a separate location where users can always get the latest aircraft.xml?

Also, I'm happy to test the revised door positions if you would like assistance.

*EDIT* I see you posted an update, I have downloaded and will test as soon as I finish my current flight. Expect feedback later today.

Note: I beta test for several titles already and am used to providing clear and reproducible error descriptions. 

Kind regards, Chris 

Edited by chrispalf
Updated

@Marten@Stairport

So I had to add my descriptions "A350" to the new entry in aircraft.xml to get the choice of LF1 and LF2 doors. This means you are looking for a match on the .acf filename AND the publisher AND the description. That seems a bit strict given that most users will edit the description to make ground handling deluxe from JarDesign work.

After that I found the same as @Argaeus  - dock/opening working but door positions are incorrect. 

Looking forward to revised door locations. 

A350_xp11 - 2020-07-22 16.38.17.png

A350_xp11 - 2020-07-22 16.40.09.png

5 hours ago, Marten@Stairport said:

Try this: aircraft.xml

Hi,

After adding my description  (A350) to the .xml file so I could chose either Jetway I tested with both World Jetways at a default airport and some custom scenery.

I think the dock could be just a little closer to the aircraft fuselage (see image) but overall its a huge improvement.

Many thanks!

Best, Chris

A350_xp11 - 2020-07-24 14.47.13.png

1 hour ago, Marten@Stairport said:

@chrispalf Yeah that depends a bit on the jetway type. Others are a little bit too close so it's never perfect unfortunately.

OK no problem. I noticed that as the SAM World Jetways and some Glass ones I added to my own scenery were pretty much perfect.

Thanks again for helping sort this out so quickly. 

Best, Chris