XPNG NOVEMBER SCREENSHOT COMPETITION Read more... ×

:classic_biggrin:First post alert:classic_biggrin:

Here's a question I've pondered over ever since I started creating Ortho's, and that is those tricky shorelines, specifically the Caribbean. I've managed to get a somewhat tolerable look by having my "Mask width" set to 300 and a water ratio of 3.0. I played around with the water sources as well but usually come up with a blurry looking shoreline.

Has anyone been able to master this? I do a lot of Island hopping in FSE, and I crave that sweet Caribbean eye candy.

14 minutes ago, Theonlyjapes said:

:classic_biggrin:First post alert:classic_biggrin:

Here's a question I've pondered over ever since I started creating Ortho's, and that is those tricky shorelines, specifically the Caribbean. I've managed to get a somewhat tolerable look by having my "Mask width" set to 300 and a water ratio of 3.0. I played around with the water sources as well but usually come up with a blurry looking shoreline.

Has anyone been able to master this? I do a lot of Island hopping in FSE, and I crave that sweet Caribbean eye candy.

Try lowering the water ratio to somewhere around 0.3 - 0.5. I use 0.3 myself for Norwegian shore lines. The ratio has to do with the blending transition (I think). And the Mask width is "meters from shore" - the total width of the transition.

1 minute ago, Magnus said:

Try lowering the water ratio to somewhere around 0.3 - 0.5. I use 0.3 myself for Norwegian shore lines.

Just noticed a typo, Mine is actually set to 0.3 not 3.0

But thanks! I'll play around with it some more.

Buildings?

When using ORTHO4XP, I know the ACTUAL roads can be realistically produced--but, what about the ACTUAL buildings?