For some info on how this forum works, with classes and permissions, visit this page
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this website. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service(s), that you will not use this website to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this website.
We're dedicated to discussion, technical help and advice and showing off the beauty of Laminar Research's next generation flight simulator: X-Plane 11. Upon entering, we hope you enjoy a close knit community that is always there to help you. There’s rules to comply, they’re simple: keep it clean, no profanities. Personal attacks, racial slurs, sexism and sexist remarks are not tolerated and anyone found posting these publicly or via PM will receive an instant permanent ban.
Keep your language clean. This site is for everyone. Every belief, age or other affiliation. Some people get offended by foul language and/or should not be exposed to it. We will delete any comments or posts containing vulgarity, and may message you of it. We have pretty bad outbreaks of the bad mouth syndrome from time to time and we delete those comments. If you get a warning and a chance to edit your comment/post - consider yourself lucky. If we see complete rudeness, consistent personal attacks or other downright childish or bullying tendencies, you have a certain chance of expulsion.
Constructive criticism of developers and products are allowed as long as the discussion is mature, well thought of and logical. We'll allow sensible and mature discussion of other simulation platforms but unsubstantiated claims or simple bashing is not allowed. We reserve the right to moderate any posts or comments if the discussion gets out of hand.
The language in the forums is English. (There are language specifific clubs - if you want to create one contact CaptainKitten )
- Swearing/Explicit language is forbidden, and the user will be kindly asked to edit the post or comment should the post/reply contain any expletives. We are reasonable members and are open to constructive criticism, willing to discuss any topic. But making any public complaints may lead to post deletion and a ban.
- Political discussions will be deleted.
- Any provocative quotes and/or pictures in profiles will lead to profile deletion and a ban.
- If a user seeks to advertise in the Threshold forums, the user needs to request approval for the post to be published along with an “APPROVED BY ADMIN” text situated at the beginning of the post/image’s caption. See our guideline further down.
- Harassing and bullying other fellow members are strictly prohibited and would warrant immediate expulsion.
- Leave personal issues with other members out of the group, and take it to the PM. We’re not here for the drama!
- Constructive criticism is encouraged as a form of informative and logical discussion.
- We reserve the right to remove members who display a behavior that disrupts the harmony in the community. Or whose presence has a negative effect on the group over longer periods of time.
- Treat one another with fairness and equality; racism and sexism would ensue certain permanent ban.
- Encourage informed discussions and debates.
- Be helpful! Even when the question is redundant, one never knows whether the user is not well versed.
- Piracy is not tolerated and violators will be banned.
- Commenting on old posts is prohibited and needs to be explained.
- Any decision made by mods and admins is not to be questioned publicly in the forum. Complaints and inquiries are to be addressed by PM (personal message) to an admin or moderator.
- Encourage asking questions.
- By using the forums you are agreeing to report any suspicious activity.
- Be welcoming to new users!
Commercial sites, Twitch or other live feeds, Virtual Airlines groups and/or other groups in general. Linking to advertising based Youtube channels and excessive posting of videos of one specific channel is seen as spamming. We're here as a community resource. Self promotional posts will be removed and posters risks to be banned without notice. Off topic posts may be allowed too by following the same procedure.
All of the following exceptions are allowed as long as an admin has been approached and has been given consent.
- Startups - new products are allowed to post about their project.
- Updates - if there has been a significant update to the product.
Post and user requirements
- The post has to contain the text: "APPROVED BY ADMIN" and this approval is given to ONE post at a time.
- The promoter/poster has to be a contributing member to the community and have been helpful and visible in the group/forum.
- The promoter/poster can not have had a negative track record in the group.
Sharing ortho files
As a general warning, once you share work where you have used ortho photos from sources that you have no agreement with, you are risking a heavy lawsuit from the provider. Orthoimagery are free for personal use only. Once you throw in a donation request or charge for your scenery - this goes double. The other problem with this is that you risk closing off this access to free personal usage of aerial photos for everyone.
Click here for rules for uploading files to the forum
Now that we have all of that out of the way, welcome to our forum and have a nice day!