I've been hesitant to release my preset before, however I have been asked so many times my lazy a** needed to kick into gear ?
I don't really plan on announcing this release much, as releasing would also mean that I'd have to optimize it, which I may do at some stage, but not right now.
Should I receive enough feedback on this, I may release publicly, but atm its just a per-request basis.
Feel free to pick & choose whichever settings you'd like, but please remember I use ALL of these together in my sim (I won't be able to answer many questions if you're only using "some", sorry)
WARNING - This is the "FULL ON" preset, and can be quite frame heavy.
e.g. I use an i5-7600, GTX 1060 6gb and 16gb of DDR4. I use XP with ~30fps (FF A320 can take it down to 22ish), which I really don't mind, however others don't really like that idea!
- MaxxFX (http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/maxx-p-107)
- I use this as a "base layer" it kind of darkens the sim, then xV + Reshade add all of the cool stuff.
- Not really needed, however if you own MaxxFX I would still use it due to minimal frame loss.
- xVision (http://x-vision.pro)
- Shader tweak tool. I use a custom preset based on the defualt "Impressive" setting.
- Greens up default terrain, adds better night lighting etc.
- Reshade (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36509-reshade-xp11/)
- Does ALL of the post-processing, I do not use xVision for PP.
- Ambient Lighting is likely the hardest on frames, however I deem it worthy as it adds a lot to the sim.
- xEnviro (http://xenviro.net/) (https://store.thresholdx.net/products/xenviro)
- Does ALL skycolouring and clouds.
- Clouds aren't amazing, however the skycolours are just.... Kreygasm
- Drag "Xephyr Preset" file into C:\\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\MaxxFX\UserEffects
- Install Reshade (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqLfiqULqUw)
- Drag "Xephyr Preset.ini" into your root X-Plane 11 folder.
- Save "Xephyr Preset.xvs" to your xVision installation
- Open xVision. Click "Open Solution" (ctrl - O)
- Select "Xephyr Preset.xvs" and hit apply.
Thanks again for downloading my preset!
If you do have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
Don't say I didn't warn you about low FPS! I'll work on it if enough people ask ?