Note that you have to comment once to get out of the crammed luggage compartment (stowaway class) and be able to sit in a somewhat more comfortable position in the cabin (economy class). Further advancements into leg room and cocktails will demand more effort on your part. Just start using the forums and create posts.
The forum is the only place you will see ads in Threshold. The forum is the only place we can give you the option to support us and thus not see ads. If you want an ad-free experience in Threshold you will need a 1st class membership (or developer). This is done either through long dedication in the forums or through one of the support subscriptions. As soon as we have enough subscriptions to survive the year we will remove the ads. Read more about the different classes and what they give you further down on this page.
About the different classes
The first tier is to avoid spammers and bots. The idea behind the rest is to ease server loads from inactive members and to reward and give more access to the forum after a visible contribution from the member was seen. The normal classes are automatically upgraded to the next when some parameters are reached. We do promote members to higher classes if needed. Any class can be withdrawn at any moment by the Crew or Captains. Misconduct can lead to such a withdrawal. A bad reputation can dump you back to stowaway class.
If you want to support "support the cause" but don't want to purchase using the store, you could donate here to help us grow.
- The starting class
- Not allowed to start new posts (spam prevention)
- Limited in every way other than viewing and commenting
- 500 Kbit/Sec download speed
- 5 seconds delay on downloads
- Max 1 download at the time
- 1 post will get you out of the luggage compartment and into Economy
- Limited access to Gallery uploads
- 2 Mbit/sec
- 1 sec delay
- max 3 downloads at a time
- Upload restrictions: Only Livery Category available
- 10 posts and 10 days will move you to Business class
- More liberal access to Gallery
- Restricted access to video uploads
- Limited access to Video upload
- Less limited upload access (all categories available)
- No download restrictions
- How to get to 1st class is a mystery
- Not really, 20 posts and 30 days and a reputation of over 5
- Unlimited Gallery permissions
- Upload permissions: Max 500MB/month
- No download restrictions
- There is a chance to leave the hassle of relating to other people on the journey altogether
- How to charter your own Jet is not known yet
- No ads
(These classes are unobtainable without the action of Crew or Captain)
- Basically unlimited on upload, download and gallery access
- Only given to recognized developers
- Secondary class mostly given to developers but can be assigned to others as well if found appropriate
- Can create and manage 2 Clubs (more club permissions will need the "super club" owner permission)
*Clubs are mini-forums for members who want to have their own place for support and beta testing teams. We may consider opening Clubs up for others later. Contact a Captain or Crew for access if you are a developer.
Supporter: Any donation amount over 2USD (removes ads above 5USD and lasts for one year)
Subscriber: Any support subscription (removes ads at any tier and lasts for as long as subscription is active)
The forum is the only place you will see ads in Threshold.
The forum is the only place we can give you the option to support us and thus not see ads.
If you want an ad-free experience in Threshold you will need a 1st class membership (or developer).
This is done either through long dedication in the forums or through one of the support subscriptions.
As soon as we have enough subscriptions to survive the year we will remove the ads. Read more about the different classes and what they give you further down on this page.
Current Donation Goals
Store account VS forum account
1st class members
Business Class Members
- WIKA Airlines VA
- Ron Baruah
- Kris Thorsheim
- Florent Martinot
- Anish Danish
- Anders Bermann