Open Club  ·  3,973 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

Stab Trim out of control

CFC737

So for some reason my trim as soon as I turn on the battery goes out of control going full nose up and being on the stab trim warning. I reverse the trim with my joystick and it moves the trim wheel the correct way but the trim continues to trim automatically without the trim wheel moving.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I use the ixeg 737 often and don't have this issue I have also calibrated my yoke and throttle multiple times to see if that was the issue but it persists when when they are unplugged.   

1 hour ago, CFC737 said:

So for some reason my trim as soon as I turn on the battery goes out of control going full nose up and being on the stab trim warning. I reverse the trim with my joystick and it moves the trim wheel the correct way but the trim continues to trim automatically without the trim wheel moving.

Any ideas what might be causing this? I use the ixeg 737 often and don't have this issue I have also calibrated my yoke and throttle multiple times to see if that was the issue but it persists when when they are unplugged.   

So isn't it potentially an hardware device issue, though you've already pointed out this point below ?

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/260051-runaway-elevator-trim/&do=findComment&comment=2306686

Edited by flyexp3
added precision