Sunsets

almdudler

I am a rather happy customer with xenviro, but i also wanna keep pushing into the right directions if i see a detail i don't like.

my special attention is given to city lights illumination, night sky, sky colour scheme, cloud shapes, real weather data translation, weather effects, overall settings like contrast, gamma, etc. and of course terrain look tweaks and reflections. 

One thing i keep observing is the sunsets which sort of come with brown dark colours.

i understand that some techniques often work "deductive", that means they add something to hide something else. That can help with illumination issues, but also with horizon line issues that are caused by x-plane's native world definitions. The dark horizon may be needed to create a nice transition between sky and earth, while it would need to carry a reflective colouring (which is done phenomenal to my oppinion). The ocean gets that particular shine when looking towards the horizon. Effects like these make xenviro potentially the most realistic environment visualisation engine across all sim platforms. And yet they just began with their journey. 

To be on the safe side of interpreting sunset colours right, i wanted to worked out a one to one view between xenviro's sunset colours vs. reality, as i would expect them to be in a future release, and i hope they don't take this as a critics but find a way to rectify and find the right compromises when using their techniques. What i want to see in their next release is much more realistic sunsets, with the very bright day sun transforming into a warmly glowing sun behind a dense atmospheric layer above the horizon line as well as the very right colour definitions along the 10 degree horizon sphere. That is my feature request. Thank you for all your work! 

xenviro colour correction.png

• 2 weeks later...