Performance on the GTX 1070

andreld

First of all I want to say that I can't fly anymore without this wonderful addon. I made the purchase with great pleasure and I think it's wonderful. I just wanted to inform you that the performance on my system fluctuates a lot. In dense cloud layers my fps drop to something around 23fps which really makes the flying experience VERY limited. I just wanted to know if there are any updates planned to improve performance.

My setup:

Intel i7 10700k
Asus Rog Strix Z490
Geforce GTX 1070 8GB
32GB Ram 3600Mhz
SSD M2

Hi,

I wish you had tried the demo in such cases, as its aim is to determine performance impact on one's system. There are several community presets for better performance, which you can find in the Discord server. If Discord isn't your thing, you can look at the documentation which explains performance-critical parameters in the settings.txt (skip_fragments, maximum_drawing_distance and resolution_ratio) and modify them for your liking.

Performance impact inside cloud layers and / or multiple layers are expected as this is the time where virtual rays has to traverse the longest distance, hence increasing the performance impact.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Thanks 1