Open Club  ·  3,973 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

Is this Windows only or will it run on Mac version of XP11?

flybius

I cannot engage the A/P while the AT is engaged. Also, when I can engage the A/P, I cannot engage the FMS. I constantly see an error that the course is not on an intersecting path, even when I am...

Edited by flybius
clarification.

Hi,

I'm still a bit confused.

6 hours ago, flybius said:

I cannot engage the A/P while the AT is engaged

Regardless of A/T, Do you have the plane trimmed (It means no pressure on the yoke) for what the Flight Director says?

Also, when I can engage the A/P, I cannot engage the FMS.

This is pretty vague I'm having difficulty trying to understand this. Is the FMC working and you can execute the Flightplan and the "Perf Init"? Or are you having difficulties engaging "LNAV"?

I constantly see an error that the course is not on an intersecting path, even when I am...

If you are seeing this on departure then your first waypoint is not within 5 degrees from the runway heading. You would need to engage LNAV after departure.

If you are seeing this while on the middle of the air. Then you'll most likely need to make a direct then engage LNAV

If you have any more problems I suggest you record or make a screenshot in order for me to comprehend your problem better.

Thanks for trying to assist.  The A/P will only engage if the AT is disengaged. (Not sure how to give you more detail here) 

I fly all 737's (PMDG, XP11 Default, Zibo) the same way. I set AT limit and have FMS programmed and ready to go. After crossing thru 400ft, I engage the A/P and it just alarms... (Yes, the plane is trimmed!) 

If I kill the AT, I can enable the A/P but when I activate the LNAV, it does not engage. Instead the orange FMC button lights up. I have not figured out how to get this working.

My main intent was to find out if this release was Windows only or Mac compatible. It is worth mentioning that I am running a virgin install of X-Plane 11.55 without any plugins... I am also running on an M1 MacBook Air (which runs X-Plane 11 great!)

Thanks again!

• 2 years later...

It's great that you have XP11 running on your Mac! However, it's important to note that XP11 is primarily designed for Windows operating systems. While some users have managed to run it on Mac using emulation or virtualization software like Parallels Desktop or Wine, compatibility issues, like the strange behavior you're experiencing with the autopilot, can arise.If you're ever interested in exploring Windows 11 Pro for a smoother gaming experience, this windows 11 pro key resource offers genuine product keys at competitive prices. Just something to consider if you're looking for alternative options.

Edited by Krampuss