Open Club  ·  3,973 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

Clarifications on the use of the EFM.

gianlucaballoni

5 minutes ago, gianlucaballoni said:

Hi, I would be interested to understand if this new 737 needs the activation of the Experimental Flight Model function in the xp settings or not.

Thanks and greetings ... and congratulations for the work done!

The EFM is activated automatically on load. Ensure it's de-activated after flight if switching to ZiboMod after or any aircraft that don't requires EFM enabled

4 minutes ago, flyexp3 said:

The EFM is activated automatically on load. Ensure it's de-activated after flight if switching to ZiboMod after or any aircraft that don't requires EFM enabled

You mean it is the aircraft itself that activates the EFM automatically, right? What I do not get back to is the discourse of deactivating it in case I want to use another plane that does not use the EFM, I ask you why, like now I have loaded the 737lu and in the xplane settings I do not have the check on the EFM.

24 minutes ago, gianlucaballoni said:

You mean it is the aircraft itself that activates the EFM automatically, right? What I do not get back to is the discourse of deactivating it in case I want to use another plane that does not use the EFM, I ask you why, like now I have loaded the 737lu and in the xplane settings I do not have the check on the EFM.

You probably right. I will check, I potentially made a confusion to this point, sorry if it's the case (I was sure it was the case, well ... surely it's a wrong reading of  another checkbox)

17 minutes ago, gianlucaballoni said:

So, in summary, does the EFM activate itself or not?

I was in 60NG when checking and the EFM wasn't activated as already stated. I have to check when switching to 70NG 80NG 90ENG 90NG and report after current flight (I have a check to perform during flight and go to this next check after landing)

2 hours ago, kalister said:

now i am even more confused!

manually check or uncheck EFM before loading any levelup A/C???

Hi all, my initial confusion came from here (YT link set at the proper viewing time), so, as mentioned in the video, it looks like the new FM is compatible with EFM enabled in X-Plane, plus could potentially activate the EFM on auto and as it doesn't switch automatically on my rig, I can't say more than this :

It does enable automatically independent of the X-Plane setting.

One way to test this is to uncheck EFM on X-Plane, Restart then load the LU 737.

You can go to the Log.txt and search for "I/FM: Experimental flight model is active."

In Conclusion you can set EFM off as it will automatically enable it internally. It doesn't touch your X-Plane settings

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, samy_k97 said:

It does enable automatically independent of the X-Plane setting.

One way to test this is to uncheck EFM on X-Plane, Restart then load the LU 737.

You can go to the Log.txt and search for "I/FM: Experimental flight model is active."

In Conclusion you can set EFM off as it will automatically enable it internally. It doesn't touch your X-Plane settings

Thanks Samy for the clarification

Just checked at the moment with 60NG and it does as expected :

0:00:35.687 I/FM: Experimental flight model is active.

Happy New Year