Open Club  ·  3,973 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

Auto Pilot engage

Philippe69006

Hi

I have a question about A/P engage. I struggle to engage it during climb.

I follow the path during climb with the lnav and vnav indicator in order to keep them in the middle ( for heading, alt and rate of climb ) and when it is stabilized, after flaps retraction and above 5000 ft, I try to engage A/P. But it fails.

There is a FMC preset red alert and I can't engage it. I have done some tests with the 736 and 739.

Is there a  special setting In the tablet in the Autopilot section or somewhere else? I am used to the Zibo and I have no issues with A/P. What do I miss?

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards

Philippe

Edited by Philippe69006

Hi,

When engaging the Autopilot, you need to make sure that you have the aircraft trimmed (It means no pressure to the yoke) to able to engage it. If you are continuing to have difficulties then I recommend for you to go to "Configure & Customise" -> "Realism" -> "AP Yoke Neutral TOL." to "Simply". This will simplify engaging the Autopilot

In short like the zibo mod that this is built on top of, engaging this autopilot is simulated to be as it would be in the real aircraft.

It’s nice that they let you switch realism OFF, but if you wanted something less realistic why are you downloading all these hundreds of megs of zip files to do what the built in aircraft that ship with XPlane already do unrealistically.

1 hour ago, InitiatedAunt74 said:

In short like the zibo mod that this is built on top of, engaging this autopilot is simulated to be as it would be in the real aircraft.

It’s nice that they let you switch realism OFF, but if you wanted something less realistic why are you downloading all these hundreds of megs of zip files to do what the built in aircraft that ship with XPlane already do unrealistically.

oh no, it was just a question. I have learned since my first post, now it's ok. Thanks

4 hours ago, InitiatedAunt74 said:

if you wanted something less realistic why are you downloading all these hundreds of megs of zip files to do what the built in aircraft that ship with XPlane already do unrealistically.

Well for starters, not all of us have hardware.  I had to mine to simply so that I could handle the mouse yoke and engage the AP simultaneously.  

Secondly, please take your flight sim elitism to another forum.  This is an inclusive space, for people with diverse backgrounds and varying skill sets.