Open Club  ·  3,978 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

xraas saying "too fast" and "unstable" even when the approach speed is correct.

reece0306

5 hours ago, reece0306 said:

It gets kinda annoying when even when the approach is stable and flying at the right speed, xraas says too fast and unstable. Is this a bug of xraas or the levelup?

Same for me.  I don't quite understand why?  I am not too fast and at the Vref Speed and very stable but plane is screaming too fast and unstable.  Is this a bug?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dutchdc3 said:

Seen the same issue on a stream by Q8Pilot flying in to KLAS.

As I am not having that happen with the Zibo 738, I think it has something to do with the LeveUp.

FWIW, the same thing was happening when RAAS was first integrated into the Zibo EFB, not sure what the developers did to address it though.

7 hours ago, dutchdc3 said:

Seen the same issue on a stream by Q8Pilot flying in to KLAS.

As I am not having that happen with the Zibo 738, I think it has something to do with the LeveUp.

Do we know if Level Up is aware of this?  This is a major issue.  I will watch q8pilot but this is definitely an issue.

5 hours ago, Perd said:

Solution: Just copy the file "X-RAAS.cfg" from Zibomod B737-800X folder to LevelUp 737NG Series folder 😉

So forgive me as I am learning but copying that file will stop the "too fast" screaming or will configure it to scream when necessary?  Is it really a fix or band aid?

14 minutes ago, 73samster said:

So forgive me as I am learning but copying that file will stop the "too fast" screaming or will configure it to scream when necessary?  Is it really a fix or band aid?

Copying things over from Zibomod to get this plane working is definitely a fix for a bunch of problems. 

12 hours ago, 73samster said:

what else do you recommend copying?

Copy the aircrafts/737-800X/plugins/zibomod folder (the entire folder) over to your NG's plugin folder.  Let it overwrite any existing files.  Updating the 737NG to the latest version of Zibomod fixes a few issues with the flight model.

On 1/10/2022 at 10:29 AM, Dan said:

Copy the aircrafts/737-800X/plugins/zibomod folder (the entire folder) over to your NG's plugin folder.  Let it overwrite any existing files.  Updating the 737NG to the latest version of Zibomod fixes a few issues with the flight model.

what fixes have you noticed after doing this?  Makes the plane more stable as well?

3 hours ago, 73samster said:

what fixes have you noticed after doing this?

Autoland, for one.  The NG kept dropping me well short of the touchdown markers on the KSFO ILS 28L approach.  It also spends less time chasing VNAV markers with yoke inputs and more time chasing them with pitch trim.  There's still room for improvement there but the porpoising issue is noticeably better.  

15 hours ago, Dan said:

Autoland, for one.  The NG kept dropping me well short of the touchdown markers on the KSFO ILS 28L approach.  It also spends less time chasing VNAV markers with yoke inputs and more time chasing them with pitch trim.  There's still room for improvement there but the porpoising issue is noticeably better.  

Interesting.  I wonder if they will update these things soon enough.   What is porpoising? 

Edited by 73samster

On 1/12/2022 at 5:50 PM, 73samster said:

Interesting.  I wonder if they will update these things soon enough.   What is porpoising? 

Porpoising is basically an up and down motion.  Similar to how a dolphin jumps in and out of the water when it's happy.  

The issue really stems from the plane incorrectly chasing VNAV markers with the yoke rather than pitch trim. 

3 minutes ago, Torkermax said:

Why copy over files and just not use the Zibo 737-800?

Well, LevelUp offers not just the -800.

I am with you when It comes to the -800. I fly the Zibo when I want to fly that variant, but I also like flying the -600/-700 and -900's.

So it is nice to have the Zibo update work for those as well.

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Porpoising is basically an up and down motion.  Similar to how a dolphin jumps in and out of the water when it's happy.  

The issue really stems from the plane incorrectly chasing VNAV markers with the yoke rather than pitch trim. 

Now that you mention this I have noticed it does that making it difficult for smooth landings.  And I while it probably better to just use Zibo, Level up offers some amazing graphics and has other variants.  I will probably stick with Zibo until Level up fixes with updates.  However, I did copy the XRAAS config file which did fix the screaming plane "too fast on approach".

29 minutes ago, Torkermax said:

So zibo updates work for other variants also?

In the Zibo Updates you will find a ZiboMod folder in the Plugins folder. That folder you copy, and place in the LevelUp/Plugins folder.

It does have effect on the other variants

Edited by dutchdc3
  • Like 1

I am a bit confused please enlighten me.  I copied the XRAAS.config file to the level up folder and this stopped the screaming landing "too fast and unstable".  Are you saying copy a folder in the ZIBO folder called "ZiboMod" in the Zibo plug in folder and take that drag it to the Level Up folder?  If so, put it in the level up plug in folder and this should resolve a lot of issues?

2 hours ago, 73samster said:

I am a bit confused please enlighten me.  I copied the XRAAS.config file to the level up folder and this stopped the screaming landing "too fast and unstable".  Are you saying copy a folder in the ZIBO folder called "ZiboMod" in the Zibo plug in folder and take that drag it to the Level Up folder?  If so, put it in the level up plug in folder and this should resolve a lot of issues?

I can understand that it's confusing.

1: Copying the xraas.cfg file to the main LevelUp folder is the fix for the "too fast and unstable" call outs.

2: In order to implement the latest Zibo updates in the LevelUp aircraft, you unzip the latest Zibo patch (currently B738X_3_51_16.zip)

- Now open up the unzipped folder and look for the sub-folder: B738X_3_51_16\plugins\ZiboMod.
- Copy the ZiboMod folder.
- Go to your main LevelUp 737NG series aircraft folder in X-Plane11\Aircraft (my folder structure is ..XPlane11\Airplanes\LevelUp\737NG series) and open the plugins folder there.
- Paste the copied ZibMod folder into the plugins folder and when asked let it overwrite existing files and folders.

Now you have updated the ZiboMod implementation in the LevelUp 737's to the latest Zibo.
This has proven to save some "behavioral" issues with the base LevelUp model.

I hope this shines some lights on the 2 different "patches" that are being suggested.

And sorry to the original poster for partially hijacking this thread with the ZiboMod "update"

Edited by dutchdc3

36 minutes ago, dutchdc3 said:

I can understand that it's confusing.

1: Copying the xraas.cfg file to the main LevelUp folder is the fix for the "too fast and unstable" call outs.

2: In order to implement the latest Zibo updates in the LevelUp aircraft, you unzip the latest Zibo patch (currently B738X_3_51_16.zip)

- Now open up the unzipped folder and look for the sub-folder: B738X_3_51_16\plugins\ZiboMod.
- Copy the ZiboMod folder.
- Go to your main LevelUp 737NG series aircraft folder in X-Plane11\Aircraft (my folder structure is ..XPlane11\Airplanes\LevelUp\737NG series) and open the plugins folder there.
- Paste the copied ZibMod folder into the plugins folder and when asked let it overwrite existing files and folders.

Now you have updated the ZiboMod implementation in the LevelUp 737's to the latest Zibo.
This has proven to save some "behavioral" issues with the base LevelUp model.

I hope this shines some lights on the 2 different "patches" that are being suggested.

And sorry to the original poster for partially hijacking this thread with the ZiboMod "update"

Ok I will try and thank you.  Will advise BUT ..... I am using Mac OS.  Will it ask me to replace or merge?  If so, do I merge instead?