SAM Jetways not connecting to ERJ 135/140/145

flightyler

That is correct. The XCrafts erj unfortunately only uses the airstair door version which prevents the Jetway from connecting to the aircraft. Therefore the Jetway will be lowered as much as possible so people can exit onto the tarmac and walk the remaining distance before boarding via the airstair. The only thing we miss yet is the stair on the Jetway end. 

• 10 months later...
On 3/14/2020 at 12:35 AM, Marten@Stairport said:

That is correct. The XCrafts erj unfortunately only uses the airstair door version which prevents the Jetway from connecting to the aircraft. Therefore the Jetway will be lowered as much as possible so people can exit onto the tarmac and walk the remaining distance before boarding via the airstair. The only thing we miss yet is the stair on the Jetway end. 

As someone that works for a regional airline, this bugs the heck out of me. On aircraft with airstairs, there are pins that release the handles, allowing them to be lowered. This allows a jetbridge to be interfaced with the aircraft using the same bridge adapter that is used for E145s with the normal door. I have attached some images below as an example. I would love to see this changed for not only the E145 family, but the SAAB 340 as well. 

Rdcf9e5fdeb3a32e6eaace5d80bb36e87.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-024200_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210120-024222_Instagram.jpg

CIMC-3.jpg

Edited by matthewflippin
  • Like 1