Overlapping IAE engines - A321

corndog

Hi, 

I am not sure if this is where I should ask for help, but when I install the new IAE engine mod for the Toliss A321, I get overlapping portion of the default engine, as well as some of the fan on the inside as pictured. I have treid on 3 fresh, updated installs of the Toliss A321, but nothing works. I have followed every step on the pdf instructions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

a321-2021-10-18-12-56-38-pm.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 5:05 PM, corndog said:

Hi, 

I am not sure if this is where I should ask for help, but when I install the new IAE engine mod for the Toliss A321, I get overlapping portion of the default engine, as well as some of the fan on the inside as pictured. I have treid on 3 fresh, updated installs of the Toliss A321, but nothing works. I have followed every step on the pdf instructions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

a321-2021-10-18-12-56-38-pm.png

drop the files  in objects then the engine.obj file in objects, not v2500 folder. i made the same  mistake.

I'm not sure if you eventually fixed it, but I ran into this same issue as well.  After some digging - it turns out there were 2 rows inside the existing engines.obj file that need to be modified to ANIM_hide 0.000000 0.000000 none

Once I replaced those there's no more overlapping 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 9:05 AM, heemo said:

I'm not sure if you eventually fixed it, but I ran into this same issue as well.  After some digging - it turns out there were 2 rows inside the existing engines.obj file that need to be modified to ANIM_hide 0.000000 0.000000 none

Once I replaced those there's no more overlapping 😀

Which line did you replace?

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Vobora said:

I have the same issue. I have all the lines modified correctly and all the things in planemaker setup right. I have not found the solution.

I found the solution. There are 3 lines that need to be changed to "none" in the engines.obj file. Do a search for "IAE" and all 3 should pop up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Attempting to add the new CFM56 mod to an A319 acf which already has the V2500 mod applied; and on CFM variants, the new V2500s are showing in addition to the new CFMs -

I'm wondering if we need to set a different 'Kill dataref' values, as it looks like using 'anim/IAE' (as described in the manual) would remove the 'default' IAE engines & not the new (V2500 Mod) ones?

cfm56 mod query.jpg

15 hours ago, cjreed said:

Hi there,

Attempting to add the new CFM56 mod to an A319 acf which already has the V2500 mod applied; and on CFM variants, the new V2500s are showing in addition to the new CFMs -

I'm wondering if we need to set a different 'Kill dataref' values, as it looks like using 'anim/IAE' (as described in the manual) would remove the 'default' IAE engines & not the new (V2500 Mod) ones?

cfm56 mod query.jpg

Following the manual and use the anim/iae, there is a reason why its should be done that way.

2 hours ago, cardajowol said:

Following the manual and use the anim/iae, there is a reason why its should be done that way.

Many thanks for the response - except  I did what the manual specified and got the result illustrated - IAE engines showing when CFM option specified in the livery config file.

BTW I put the 3 new CFM mods rows below the 4 new IAE rows as no specific ordering was detailed 

I think I'll just use separate acf files for each engine variant (i.e. the standalone route)

Thanks again,

Chris.

2 hours ago, cjreed said:

Many thanks for the response - except  I did what the manual specified and got the result illustrated - IAE engines showing when CFM option specified in the livery config file.

BTW I put the 3 new CFM mods rows below the 4 new IAE rows as no specific ordering was detailed 

I think I'll just use separate acf files for each engine variant (i.e. the standalone route)

Thanks again,

Chris.

That is up to you if you want to separate them but it does work, I have it set that way on my acf, if its not removing the engine then you either have a spelling mistake in the kill dataref or an extra space somewhere in the texture box there should be.

Thanks for the feedback - I checked again, there are no spaces in the kill dataref fields.

Attached is a screenshot of the last 7 rows of the 'Misc Objects' portion of the ACF; with the two rows (for engines.obj and blades.obj) having been removed by pressing their associated 'clear' button. 

planemaker.jpg.e9771c27adae715df09ca77b470fe4f7.jpg

11 hours ago, cjreed said:

Thanks for the feedback - I checked again, there are no spaces in the kill dataref fields.

Attached is a screenshot of the last 7 rows of the 'Misc Objects' portion of the ACF; with the two rows (for engines.obj and blades.obj) having been removed by pressing their associated 'clear' button. 

planemaker.jpg.e9771c27adae715df09ca77b470fe4f7.jpg

kinda looks like you have a space at the front of the anim/CFM

• 3 months later...

For anyone still having issues there is an easier solution, just edit the ACF file with a text editor and look up the corresponding kill data Refs for the engines. In my case, I found that there was a diamond question symbol right in front of the anim/IAE and anim/CFM that needed to be removed since Plane Maker kept crashing for me whenever I tried to clear the Kill Dataref text input box.