RWDesigns Twin Otter V2

Joe_K

Out of the VR Lab: RWDesigns Twin Otter V2

Now featuring custom hotspots, ergonomic yoke, and many other custom hand-tuned manipulators optimized to work with VR touch controllers.  No more axis lines on the throttle and condition levers, no more having to operate each lever one at a time.  I worked very hard to make things just act and "feel" as right as they can.

Manipulators that have been tweaked to work in VR are:

-All Autopilot buttons working
-Flaps with detents you can feel at each marked spot
-Props, throttle, and mixture customized and tuned - Center click spots added to operate both at the same time
-All rotational knobs changed to a knob, using wrist roll and tuned for speed
-All overhead light knobs tuned
-ADF and Transponder knobs tuned
-Oxygen and AC levers tuned
-Trims custom tuned
-OBS dial
-HDG dial
-Altimeter baro pressure knobs
-Altitude Selector knob
-VR Yoke added and tuned *Ergonomic mode only right now, see notes.
-Custom teleport hotspots, including one at the cabin door and in passenger seats

Things that still don't work correctly:

*The yoke is only working in ergonomic mode, even if you have your sim set to realistic setting.  This is due to a bug that would crash to desktop if I tuned it for realistic.  This bug will require support from the developer to fix.

*The tiller is not operable in this release.  It is animated fine with rudder input, it's just not clickable yet.  The plan is to add this in the future once the realistic yoke is fixed.

EDIT **Tiller fixed in V101

*The reverse throttle is backward.  This was built with the old X-plane reverser model, which means you have to assign a button to "reverse toggle".  I used the "A" button on my rift's right controller.  Then you have to push the throttle FORWARD to add reverse thrust, even though the throttle handle animation is going further backward.  Once you toggle back to forward thrust, the animation is in sync again with your hands.  I hope to fix this in the future.

EDIT **Yoke Realistic Mode fixed in V102 - no more CTD when grabbing yoke in realistic mode

What's new in V101: 

Tiller now clickable and usable with VR controllers. 

Rudder pedal input will override tiller, so keep those pedals still when operating tiller.

Altitude Alert button, GA button and MDA button had texture issues in V100, this has been fixed.

OBS and Heading Knob was moving in steps of 2 degrees at a time instead of 1 degree at a time, this has been fixed.

What's new in V102:

Yoke now works in Realistic mode with VR controllers.

Installation Instructions:

I recommend making a backup copy of your X-plane 11/Aircraft/DHC6 Twin Otter folder.  Just rename it to something like DHC6 Twin Otter Old, so you can easily just revert back if you need to.

Step 1. Very Important!  Open X-Plane and jump into any aircraft.  Once you're sitting in your cockpit, go up to the menu - plugins - STMA AutoUpdate - you must select "AutoUpdate Disabled".  If you don't, then your files will get reverted back to the originals every time you reload the Twin Otter.   You can periodically check for new updates, but every time you do you'll have to re-install the SimVRlabs mod.  Once you've selected AutoUpdate Disabled, then move on to step 2.

Step 2. Unzip the file paste the contents into your DHC6-300 Twin Otter V2 root folder, overwrite.  

Step 3. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: This is not an officially supported RWDesigns update, so don't expect support from them on it. If you need help you can always ask me through the support section of the website or just revert to your backed up folders. If you lose the old files and just want to reset everything just reinstall the aircraft.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must be a member of the club to download any files so please go ahead and join up, otherwise you will get an error.

SimVRlabs Twin Otter mod V102.zip

Edited by Joe_K
  • Thanks 1

• Joe_K pinned this topic
  • Joe_K unlocked this topic
  • Joe_K unpinned and unlocked this topic
  • Joe_K pinned and locked this topic