Open Club  ·  3,973 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

CMD Autopilot wont engage - Ever

speedbird2970

What am i missing here. I have been struggle, to say the least.

CMD Autopilot wont engage, ever, for me. I only get the red alarm light and noise after take off trying to engage the CMD Mode. I followed tutorials and videos. But my CMD never works. I turned off the yoke movement and set the neautral setting to "simply". I programmed the FMC to follow flightplan. I turn on flightdirector F/D (both sides) and the auto throttle arm  Everything works like a charm, except the for the CMD mode on the autopilot. IT DOES NOT ENGAGE!🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡

What am i missing. What setting in the floightbag for the airplane am i missing. I dont get it.
Please help me

I am experiencing the same problem, CMD won't engage ever. I do have a brunner CLSE forcefeedback yoke, there is a setting on the EFB for this. I do not have issues with zibo but can't engage a/p on the levelup 737

Are all EFB features available on the EFB operational? tried all of them but no luck (auto center, brunner hardware, tolerance, etc etc etc.)

thanks

Similar issue.  Was given direct to a fix while climbing in IAS mode, not VNAV.  The LNAV took several tries to engage, not recognizing the intercept track, and when it did finally engage, after a few seconds, an uncommanded turn off track was initiated.  It was very reminiscent of the old "Ultimate" 737-700 behavior.

Something is wrong with this Levelup crap. CMD do not engage at all, EVER. I´m not the only one with this problem either. Other forum on the internet have alot of people with the same issue. Zibo works just fine and have been doing so for 6 years. This level up need to put their shit together. I´m out back to Zibo until they fix this autopilot. Cant expect more from free i guess...

• Confused 1

On 1/6/2022 at 9:49 PM, Dan said:

Also make sure you actually have VNAV constraints in your FMS.  CMD won't engage if there aren't altitude and speed restrictions in your waypoints.  

The information is incorrect. CMD is perfectly capable of switching on after 500ft AGL even if there are altitude or speed restrictions (or both) during ascent. However, for it to work, the entire FMC has to be filled out correctly, all phases of the flight. You can still try disabling the realistic CMD auto pilot mode on the tablet.

On 1/12/2022 at 1:19 AM, speedbird2970 said:

Something is wrong with this Levelup crap. CMD do not engage at all, EVER. I´m not the only one with this problem either. Other forum on the internet have alot of people with the same issue. Zibo works just fine and have been doing so for 6 years. This level up need to put their shit together. I´m out back to Zibo until they fix this autopilot. Cant expect more from free i guess...

Really??? Take a chill pill.

I have no issues what so ever with engaging Autopilot (I have the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke).
If I do have an issue engaging AP, I know that I am not trimmed out correctly, or I missed something in the FMC.
No, I don't start blaming the developer of the product I am using

Can I make a suggestion, besides what has already been mentioned by others....

Make sure you trim the plane so that you are on the flight directors without having to put any input on your yoke before you engage CMD.

Maybe posting a video of what you are doing might help us point you to the resolution of your issue.

• Thanks 1

I am able to engage autopilot in this levelup aircraft but it’s sure not always easy to keep a big aircraft in trim and keep your plane flying right where the flight director tells it.

It absolutely will not engage when not in straight level trimmed flight, or when flight director is off, or when any other realism check that is in there says “the real aircraft would error and exit autopilot here”.

Are there bugs in extremely odd cases?  Perhaps.  Almost certainly.

But with calibrated yoke or flightstick in a neutral position,  and everything else right, if you still can’t get it to go, just unplug your yoke briefly once the aircraft is trimmed and flighting right at the point the flight director horizontal and vertical lines tell you it should be at, and if in that case it does engage the autopilot, then there are spurious small analog axis changes coming from your yoke, which are too small to see, causing this.   I have this problem with one of my yokes and not with another.

Very few reports of “it doesn’t work” come with near enough data to know whether or not the person reporting it is doing everything this simulated aircraft wants.  ANd very few try turning off the relevant realism options, to see if that “solves” their issue.

I tried many times to overcome this challenge, and just like anything in this simming thing, some of these things are tricky.

It would be cool, for example, if the mod authors output some diagnostic information to on screen displays,so that when the auto pilot fails it would say “attitude of aircraft out of required range”, or “heading incorrect” or “vertical speed out of range”.

Edited by InitiatedAunt74
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 8:19 AM, speedbird2970 said:

No need to be so disrespectful. You said it yourself; this project is freeware. They did not have to do anything, but they have still gifted us this project for the good of the community. This is not how you give effective feedback.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...