SoulMadeSim DHC-2 Beaver SimVRLabs Implementation

Guest Shenherm

Guest Shenherm

Hi Guys,

This update tweaks nearly everything to work better in VR.   We worked very hard to make things just act and "feel" as right as they can. 

Manipulators that have been tweaked to work in VR are:

-All knobs
-Throttle
-Prop levers
-Haptic feedback detents 
-All other levers
-Elevator Trim wheel
-Mixture
-Overhead Trims now work
-Lighting and Temperature knobs
-CRS 1 OBS dial
-HDG dial
-Altimeter baro pressure knob
-Instrument brightness knobs
-VR Yoke added and tuned for realistic mode
-Hotspots in all seats

• Guest pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Graet Work!

It made this aircraft AWESOME!

One possible bug: When using WMA Controllers the return to pilot seat menu item jumps me out of the plane away from it? Then I have to teleport back and hit the seat hotspot to get back into position; Also the normal jump points in the aircraft dont seem to work for me.

GREAT WORK and MUCH APPRECIATED!

Guest Shenherm
2 minutes ago, gak said:

Graet Work!

It made this aircraft AWESOME!T

One possible bug: When using WMA Controllers the return to pilot seat menu item jumps me out of the plane away from it? Then I have to teleport back and hit the seat hotspot to get back into position; Also the normal jump points in the aircraft dont seem to work for me.

GREAT WORK and MUCH APPRECIATED!

Thanks for the kind words!

What exactly are WMA Controllers? Are they the factory controllers shipped with the VIVE/Rift? It works great for me with no teleport or hotspot issues, so I'll see if I can recreate it.

Are you running any plugins or add-ons alongside the plane?

Sorry for the confusion: WMA = Windows mixed reality 

I have a Samsung Odyssey+ 

The horizontal seat hot spots work as expected; the vertical circles (about where the heads would be) have no effect; or more accurately they don't catch and I teleport out away from the aircraft. The menu item to return to pilots seat also teleport me away from the plane.

One other smaller issue is that the seat view seems about 3-5 inches too far back to really be correct.

Again thanks for your work!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shenherm
On 1/25/2019 at 12:48 AM, gak said:

Sorry for the confusion: WMA = Windows mixed reality 

I have a Samsung Odyssey+ 

The horizontal seat hot spots work as expected; the vertical circles (about where the heads would be) have no effect; or more accurately they don't catch and I teleport out away from the aircraft. The menu item to return to pilots seat also teleport me away from the plane.

One other smaller issue is that the seat view seems about 3-5 inches too far back to really be correct.

Again thanks for your work!

I'm not sure exactly what's going on here.

I took a look at it with my VIVE and I can't recreate the issue. Perhaps someone with an Odyssey+ can chime in and share their experience as well.

As for the viewpoint being off, it is based on personal preference. I prefer it that way, but everyone has their own taste. That is an easy adjustment to get it where you'd like. Simply edit the XYZ coordinates in the VRConfig file.

Cheers,

Matheson