GTNs are blank

Shalomar

I selected the GTN 750 and 650 to be in the Mooney II VC. Both are blank, but the popup works. I am using the latest RXP version. All circuit breakers are in and my radio master is on. I tried to look this up in the old forums but the link to the solution was broken.

Donald

I have found that the GTNs work in 2D, but not in VR. In VR you have to use a floating window to get a response from the controllers. In 2D, the mouse works fine on the screens. Of course, you have to activate the GTNs with their own menu in the plugins menu.

@Shalomar

The GTNs require a bit of manual set up, you can reference it on page 22 of the M20R Ovation II Instructions, attached here for your convenience. Here is the excerpt:

RealityXP Install Instructions

1. Close the sim fully
  2. Make sure that the RealityXP Avionics (separate purchase) are fully installed
  3. Copy the file RealityXP.GNS.ini (for RealityXP GNS 530/430) or RealityXP.GTN.ini (for RealityXP GTN 750/650) from “X-Plane 11/Aircraft/AFM/M20R Ovation II/Modifications” back one folder into “X-Plane 11/Aircraft/AFM/M20R Ovation II”
  4. Launch the aircraft in sim
  5. Choose the proper GNS or GTN option from the Aircraft menubar (see Menubar Instructions)
  6. Enjoy!
  7. NOTE: The default GPS commands will be inoperative in the M20R until the RealityXP ini file is removed from the aircraft folder or the GPS is disabled in the RXP menu

AFM M20R Ovation II Instructions.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I have the GTN 750 installed per the instructions with the Mooney M2OR II (above) and it shows up in the panel in VR but the only button that works is press n' hold the home button to bring up the map page.  No other buttons are pressable with mouse or the controllers.  The popup plugins work fine...  I have the aerobask eclipse 550 which also has a gtn 750 in the panel which works fine in VR.  So I'm wondering if  I missed something in the setup or if the 750 just does not work properly in panel when using VR? 

Thanks...

1 hour ago, twells555 said:

I have the GTN 750 installed per the instructions with the Mooney M2OR II (above) and it shows up in the panel in VR but the only button that works is press n' hold the home button to bring up the map page.  No other buttons are pressable with mouse or the controllers.  The popup plugins work fine...  I have the aerobask eclipse 550 which also has a gtn 750 in the panel which works fine in VR.  So I'm wondering if  I missed something in the setup or if the 750 just does not work properly in panel when using VR?  

Thanks...

Right now, I believe there is a RealityXP issue with using their GTN in VR. One workaround that I have heard from other customers that work is to bring in the popup window into your VR space, then use that to interface with that. You can read what RealityXP has been saying here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/533294-gtn-750-in-vr

Hi Cooper,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Yep, the discussion in the link you provided is exactly what I am seeing and they don't have a solution yet...Apparently when the gtn 750 is 'fitted' into a 3d panel as it is with the Mooney, they need to be able to excess mouse pointer 'hotspots' on the panel where the touch buttons are and the current xplane vr api does not allow them to do that...yet.

The workaround of just bringing out the popup in vr will work, they have the plugin set so it works for just about any plane that way...its just much so much cooler to have it in the panel with the other instruments!  When I did the install and saw that (finally) it was installable into a panel...I was pretty excited....guess I just have to wait a while longer!

Thank you...