Rename ACF Files

Jockeyboy2_0

It would be a good Idea to rename the ACF files between the different models,

I use Pollypot goflight Software for all my goflight panels (14 in total)  and it uses the ACF filename to Identify what control profile to apply to the aircraft. 
As the M20R for the OVII and OVIII  use the same ACF filename I cannot set up different control Profiles for the individual aircraft. Understandably this is not a fault of AFM but more of a design problem of the Pollypot software I just thought it would be easier to change filenames of the aircraft than Coding of Software. 

Great Aircraft though. 

Cheers

8 hours ago, Jockeyboy2_0 said:

It would be a good Idea to rename the ACF files between the different models,

I use Pollypot goflight Software for all my goflight panels (14 in total)  and it uses the ACF filename to Identify what control profile to apply to the aircraft. 
As the M20R for the OVII and OVIII  use the same ACF filename I cannot set up different control Profiles for the individual aircraft. Understandably this is not a fault of AFM but more of a design problem of the Pollypot software I just thought it would be easier to change filenames of the aircraft than Coding of Software. 

Great Aircraft though. 

Cheers

Thank you for the idea. Though it would be nice to do this, there would then be compatibility issues with icons and liveries between the Ovation 2 and 3. (Though this is minor, reducing the file size of our download is something we aim for).

This should work for your use case (though make a backup or be prepared to redownload the M20 goes haywire): if you rename the "M20R.acf" "M20R_cockpit.obj" and "M20R_vrconfig.txt" changing only the "M20R" portion (keeping file extensions and everything after (and including) the underscores, it should work. Let me know if you have luck with this!

9 hours ago, Coop1019 said:

Thank you for the idea. Though it would be nice to do this, there would then be compatibility issues with icons and liveries between the Ovation 2 and 3. (Though this is minor, reducing the file size of our download is something we aim for).

This should work for your use case (though make a backup or be prepared to redownload the M20 goes haywire): if you rename the "M20R.acf" "M20R_cockpit.obj" and "M20R_vrconfig.txt" changing only the "M20R" portion (keeping file extensions and everything after (and including) the underscores, it should work. Let me know if you have luck with this!

I Actually had already done this Just as a test and works OK never found any issues with renaming them for the OVII .  I did loose the Icons within Xplane UI but I guess Because I never renamed  the 2.png files in the Model Root folder,  I have now renamed all  the Icon files and the ones included in the liveries and everything is OK.
As A further Note , the one problem I can see in doing this myself is that,  any other software that checks against the ACF name (Im think smart copilot here) would throw a You must be in the same aircraft error!   

I also Yesterday created a smartcopilot file for the OVIII  Posted it in the downloads section here would be good if we could get some Mooney users testing and reporting any problems.  
Cheers 
Lee

• Like 1