L2's don't seem to be working

Bearviation

Up until recently I've been able to use L2 on many aircraft; now it's not happening.  What's going on? (I tested the iniBuilds A300, Felis 747-200, and ToLiss A340-600 at Gate 132 KLAX for reference). 

It seems like development, in some ways, is going backwards instead of forwards.

Please... can it be fixed?

I deleted the previous version and re-downloaded a fresh install of the current version. Now when I load the Felis 742 at B38/KDEN it gives me only L2 option and nothing else.

I did a load-up in order to include my latest Log.txt file just in case it may help with troubleshooting.

SamDenver.png

Log.txt

Edited by Bearviation

This is my default KDEN airport in the Felis 742 at B38W (there is no plain B38 for me?). Your scenery looks slightly different, confirm it's the default one?

image.png.0d7189effc2a06fc735e3c3d6d81d212.png

For debugging purposes you can enable the debug mode in the SAM base plugin settings and take a screenshot like this:

image.png.5416a0c9cae50e2e25d942dbd56f70b3.png

The green arrows indicate the jetway calculation, I wonder which color these have in your case.

However I found a really big issue in your log:

SAM 1.0.8 loaded
Loaded: Custom Scenery/KPDX - Portland International/plugins/SAM/win_x64/SAM.xpl (com.stairport-sceneries.sam).

Looks like this scenery is shipping a SAM version which is the worst thing you could have. The old version "fighting" against the new version. You must only have ONE SAM installation and definitely NOT inside a scenery folder.

I ran the debug at KDEN/B38. It is NOT the default - it is the xCodr version from the org (and as I stated before this was working back in Oct/Nov so I don't know what has happened since then).  Included are four photos: two of the 742 and two of the A346 from ToLiss at the same gate in KDEN (which, btw, won't even get SAM to activate).

I hope these images help. If you'd like to get more screenshots of these a/c or others at different airports/gates please let me know. I'm now on the Stairport as the same name so communication either way is good with me. I'm more likely to check Discord before coming back here tho (I keep forgetting about this forum).

Cheers! John

1759833825_A340-600-2022-01-1713_17_29.png.d5e3f0f9666b51ff158bca4a7f61e17e.png1563297208_B742_PW_Felis-2022-01-1713_15_10.png.d4e00f141f4579b0671ab61c1e2e4e93.png2132645423_A340-600-2022-01-1713_17_52.png.055de71759ab6584cbb6d46099648275.png86172934_B742_PW_Felis-2022-01-1713_15_24.png.f20c81311c8da2116b2e6883d81455ca.png

11 hours ago, Bearviation said:

I ran the debug at KDEN/B38. It is NOT the default - it is the xCodr version from the org (and as I stated before this was working back in Oct/Nov so I don't know what has happened since then).  Included are four photos: two of the 742 and two of the A346 from ToLiss at the same gate in KDEN (which, btw, won't even get SAM to activate).

I hope these images help. If you'd like to get more screenshots of these a/c or others at different airports/gates please let me know. I'm now on the Stairport as the same name so communication either way is good with me. I'm more likely to check Discord before coming back here tho (I keep forgetting about this forum).

Cheers! John

Can you please test any default airport in that regard? I don't have that scenery so I can't really follow up with it.

I tested both the Felis 742 and ToLiss at KDEN/B38 using the default scenery and it works flawlessly.  xCodr has not updated THEIR scenery (which added SAM some time ago) so I don't understand why it isn't working now (same with SFD/KLAX) and potentially others. 

I have attempted to remove the sam jetway objects and the corresponding lines of "code" from their library files but I keep getting errors and NO jetways. I would imagine this is more for the scenery developer rather than you, am I correct in that?

I have put a message on the org forum for xCodr so they can troubleshoot.

Again, all I can tell you is that back in Oct/Nov everything was working just fine and now it's not. I am homebound due to the virus and what little pleasure I get from flightsim has been slightly diminished. I hope this can be resolved either from you or from xCodr. 

Is there anything else I can test for you at the moment to help move this forward? I know you don't have this specific scenery; is there any way I can make MY copy available to you for troubleshooting purposes?

Additional question: is there any chance of getting the new iniBuilds A300 v2.0 to be supported?

Edited by Bearviation

• 2 weeks later...

I have contacted xCodr directly (link: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/260211-sam-l2-not-working-properly-at-kden-from-xcodr/#comment-2312401) and they seem to indicate that it's not their scenery. This is an issue with multiple aircraft that utilize L1 and L2 and not every gate (for example at KLAX I can use a different gate but, for some reason, at Gate 132 it just doesn't). 

I don't know if there's something in the KDEN/KLAX and other airports (yet to be determined) scenery that causes this.

What else can I do to troubleshoot?

We will release a SAM update which gives you the ability to mix SAM2 and 3 behaviors with these options:

• Override jetway limits (default in SAM3: allowing to connect jetways even if they are out of range)
  • Force use of scenery config (new in SAM3: even if override limits is activated it will stick to the config of a scenery if one is present)

• 5 months later...

Hi there, so i just loaded up the default KDEN airport in the Toliss A346 at B38W, as done above. My L2 door does not seem to be connecting anymore to any second gates at any airports where it used to before the latest Toliss update and SAM3  base plugin update. So i found this forum and followed some of the same testings like the KDEN airport and B28W gate. Front door connects but the seccond door isnt even getting a reading with the dubug in SAM, all the green lines from the 2 gates lead only to my front door L1, wheras above i see others have one green line to the front and another green line to the second door. Any ideas what might be going wrong on my end? Attached in the next reply is my log for reference. Would appreciate any help/guide of how to fix this so i can connect my L2 again!

Thanks for the information. So I did try doing as you instructed and reinstalled it. Still to no avail and with the same identical problem. 
is there any new SAM libraries I need to add into the specific scenary files maybe? Has it got something to do with the latest Toliss a346 update or is yours also up to the latest one aswell? 
im still only getting a connection for L1 but nothing for L2 connection available at any airport l. What else might I be able to try doing? 
would it help for me to manually program the gates at different airport with the developer kit to fit onto L1 and L2? Though I am Lehman I have never touched development of adding a jetway or anything before, is it quite straight forward? 
thanks again for your help. 

Furthermore checking the aircraft file in SAM in the plugins folder, I see there are a few a340 planes in there including Jar Design and XP11 and XP11 std. should there be one specifically for Toliss stated in there perhaps for it to work? 

Just an update. I have got it fully working again. Thanks for all your help and effort in assisting me.

I found that it’s most likely a problem with the latest Toliss update. Not so much a problem but perhaps a user problem on my end. It appears that on my aircraft page there are now a few variations of the Toliss a346 aircraft in standard and high definitions. I was using the one I always been using to no avail and instead selected the other High definition aircraft that’s new on the list and now all the gates show the link up to both L1 and L2 doors. 
If anybody else is having any issue just try the other variations of Toliss a346 when selecting aircraft page.