iniSimulations ON THE LINE A300 Official Mod

shenherm

Out of the VR Lab: iniSimulations A306(F)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/445339301065130004/756274996053147689/A300VRPROFILE.png

This update tweaks nearly everything to work better in VR.  I worked very hard to make things just act and "feel" as right as they can.

Everything has been tuned for VR. Notable features include:

• Thrust levers now move intuitively
  • Flap lever now moves intuitively
  • Speedbrake lever now moves intuitively
  • Yokes are now operable
  • ALL Overhead buttons, switches, and knobs
  • ALL Main Panel buttons, switches, and knobs
  • ALL FCU and EFIS buttons, switches, and knobs
  • ALL radio tuners
  • Teleport hotspots throughout the cockpit (Pilot, Copilot, Cockpit Door)

Known issues:

• The EFB does not work with touch controllers. Users must use the VR mouse OR setup the EFB prior to VR. INI is aware of this bug but has not given any indication of a future fix.
  • This mod intentionally does not include teleport hotspots in the cabin or cargo areas. These areas are open to be explored without restriction using the VR controller's teleport function. This allows a "pain free" way to explore the aircraft without accidentally teleporting to an area which you did not intend.
  • The weather radar does not work. INI is aware of this bug but has not given any indication of a future fix

Installation:

• Extract the contents of the included .ZIP into your aircraft's root folder and overwrite.

This modification is proudly made in partnership with iniBuilds and iniSimulations.

iniSimulations WILL NOT OFFER SUPPORT FOR THIS VR MODIFICATION. CONTACT SIMVRLABS FOR SUPPORT.

Edited by shenherm
  • Like 1

Great mod. Been using it. However I have observed that several switches that you would expect to simply operate by flicking up and down in VR actually require a horizontal motion (example landing lights and others). In addition, the AP enable switch is bizarrely hard to actuate... I managed to get it activated via random non repeatable motions...

thank you.

Moussa

Just now, fulatoro said:

Great mod. Been using it. However I have observed that several switches that you would expect to simply operate by flicking up and down in VR actually require a horizontal motion (example landing lights and others). In addition, the AP enable switch is bizarrely hard to actuate... I managed to get it activated via random non repeatable motions...

thank you.

Moussa

Hi Moussa!

Thanks for your feedback. When using the mod myself, I do not have any of these issues. Specifically, the autopilot A/B switches are operated by depressing the VR controller trigger and not with any controller movement. The manipulator for these switches are what Laminar Research call "toggle" switches.

Could you provide a list of the manipulators that you are having problems with as well as your VR hardware? This will help me track down the problem so I can fix it.

Did you also perform a clean install from the iniBuilds store before installing the SimVRLabs mod?

Cheers,

Matheson

4 minutes ago, shenherm said:

Hi Moussa!

Thanks for your feedback. When using the mod myself, I do not have any of these issues. Specifically, the autopilot A/B switches are operated by depressing the VR controller trigger and not with any controller movement. The manipulator for these switches are what Laminar Research call "toggle" switches.

Could you provide a list of the manipulators that you are having problems with as well as your VR hardware? This will help me track down the problem so I can fix it.

Did you also perform a clean install from the iniBuilds store before installing the SimVRLabs mod?

Cheers,

Matheson

Will check in my morning and send a detailed report. I had downloaded the 1.04 version from inibuilds a week ago. Did not redownload it before installing your files.

I have no issues actuating the ATS, Yaw Damper switches which I believe are also toggle switches. I will send you a list in a few hours.

Moussa

Just now, fulatoro said:

Will check in my morning and send a detailed report. I had downloaded the 1.04 version from inibuilds a week ago. Did not redownload it before installing your files.

I have no issues actuating the ATS, Yaw Damper switches which I believe are also toggle switches. I will send you a list in a few hours.

Moussa

Awesome! Thanks a bunch.

Strobe Light

Nose Light

Land (L and R) Lights

NAV Lights

EMERGENCY EXIT ARM/DEARM Switch

VS CTL Switch 

FD/FPV Switch

ILS/VOR Switch

COCKPIT DOOR Switch

All of the above require a left to right or right to left motion to actuate instead of an up down. I am using an HP Reverb Pro and a Rift S and both exhibit the same behavior. If you need me to identify the buttons on a screen capture let me know. The autopilot is fine. I checked it again.

24 minutes ago, fulatoro said:

Strobe Light

Nose Light

Land (L and R) Lights

NAV Lights

EMERGENCY EXIT ARM/DEARM Switch

VS CTL Switch 

FD/FPV Switch

ILS/VOR Switch

COCKPIT DOOR Switch

All of the above require a left to right or right to left motion to actuate instead of an up down. I am using an HP Reverb Pro and a Rift S and both exhibit the same behavior. If you need me to identify the buttons on a screen capture let me know. The autopilot is fine. I checked it again.

Interesting. I will check this in a few hours. Thanks for making the list. It gives me a few ideas as to what could be the problem.

• shenherm pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, roystonanderson54@gmail.co said:

When will there be a work around for the EFB, well done for this update so far. But very frustrating not to be able to use the EFB in vr.

Unfortunately, this is not something we can control or fix. This is something that needs to be addressed with INI.

• 2 weeks later...

@shenherm are you guys in contatct with ini about the new (very soon to be released) v1.10 update and PAX version? Question is if your really awesome VR profile will still be compatible (at least most of the things) for this update when released?

Regarding the EFB: I found that using the MoveVR plugin and making the SASL_Window receive "clicks" solution as mentioned above works great for using it in VR -
link here

5 hours ago, eddk24 said:

@shenherm are you guys in contatct with ini about the new (very soon to be released) v1.10 update and PAX version? Question is if your really awesome VR profile will still be compatible (at least most of the things) for this update when released?

Regarding the EFB: I found that using the MoveVR plugin and making the SASL_Window receive "clicks" solution as mentioned above works great for using it in VR -
link here

Yes. We haven't been given 1.1 ahead of release, so we will need to update the files after 1.1 releases. The files *should* work mostly okay with the 1.1 freighter but you will get some errors. I will do my best to have the update out within 24 hours of 1.1 releasing.

Thanks for your solution! I'll see if it's an elegant solution which should be placed in the notes.

• Like 2

I have been using the MoveVR plugin as well to interact with the EFB. Works for clicking however, there is no onscreen keyboard so you still have to use the real keyboard to enter data for ZFW for example.  We look forward to your update for the PAX version. In the mean time we can use VR-Tools to create clickspots on some of the seats.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

The latest version of the A300 (1.1) rendering the official mod incompatible. Our mod mostly works with the F variant of the aircraft, but please expect some issues. The PAX version is not compatible at all with our mod and should not be altered to be loaded by the A300 PAX.

We are working with INI to get this up and running as soon as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon guys and thanks so much for the VR mod for this aircraft. Asides from the well-known EFB issue, my only request is that the amount of 'clicks' on rotary knobs (heading and frequency etc) are doubled or tripled? When changing heading on the FCP I can get about 6 or 7 degrees per twist of my wrist, so it takes about 30 twists to get a 180 degree turn made, 5 of which will accidentally reset it all the way back to my current heading.. I'd fix it myself if I remotely knew how, and it may just be my own preference, but otherwise I find it excellent!

I was also wondering in general how to better ajdust the deg per turn rates, also for other addons. But somehow my changes to the config file did not help. I was trying to learn from this document:

https://developer.x-plane.com/article/aircraft-vr-configuration-_vrconfig-txt-file-format-specification/

Maybe someone can shed more light on this -always great to learn new stuff

@shenherm You just rock!!! Finally I can take this bird out of the hangar again and test the new update! 🙂

And in case you are still interested or any support required for future updates/releases - always happy to learn new stuff (next to FWL scripts) in X-Plane 11 and hence feel free to reach out to me in that case!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fulatoro said:

Thank you for the awesome. I see that the downloads only include files for the PAX version. What is the update on the freighter version?  Seems like you updated the same archive twice.

OOPS! I've edited the post with the F version. My apologies.