iniSimulations ON THE LINE A300 Official Mod

shenherm

18 minutes ago, Raftaman said:

@shenherm as Good as the A300 add-on is, it is only perfect with this VR mod. Just took flights with the A300 PAX and am again amazed how perfect it works. I tested a lot of Addons in VR but I am proud to say that this is the gold standard. 

@shenherm absolutely have to agree to this! The fact that the A300 was grounded until your updated VR profile and mod came out says already everything in that regard. 🙂

Just one minor thing I noticed (edit: that was in the Freigher version, did not test PAX yet): by any chance, did you change the pilot sitting position and moved it more forward? With the last profile I remember it was spot on with the back of the chair and not so forward. But that can also be me remembering it falsly. Will play a little bit around with that.

BTW: the MoveVR plugin worked flawlessly with the EFB. So this is really a good workaround for those willing to use the EFB also in VR.

Edited by eddk24

5 hours ago, eddk24 said:

@shenherm absolutely have to agree to this! The fact that the A300 was grounded until your updated VR profile and mod came out says already everything in that regard. 🙂

Just one minor thing I noticed (edit: that was in the Freigher version, did not test PAX yet): by any chance, did you change the pilot sitting position and moved it more forward? With the last profile I remember it was spot on with the back of the chair and not so forward. But that can also be me remembering it falsly. Will play a little bit around with that.

BTW: the MoveVR plugin worked flawlessly with the EFB. So this is really a good workaround for those willing to use the EFB also in VR.

I have not changed the viewpoints at all. They are the exact same for all 4 versions of the A300 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I've downloaded and installed this config to try and get my A300 usable in VR, however I have a very odd problem that is difficult to describe. So, only in the A300 (with or without this config) the image in the headset is very choppy; my XP11 framerates are a solid 30-35 so it isn't a lag issue but when turning from side to side the image is like a very fast slideshow which is uncomfortable to watch. I also get random vertical flashes of colour in the image, like a bar of the scan is suddenly filled with coloured pixels. The worst of it is, if I view the image in the WMR portal I cannot reproduce the chopping effect. The colour flashes do appear in the portal, but the chopping does not. I've tried filming the headset lens with my phone and can't reproduce it by doing that either but it is definitely there. It can't be the IPD or my eyes because every other add on I have doesn't do this - it is unique to the A300.

Any ideas please?

• 2 months later...

Aaaand now it is official - ini A300 got its overdue v2 Update and: Thank you for nothing VR users - you can still use v1. VR config is now also erased from the store page (at least they now for future customers made it transparent).

Will try if a basic VRconfig works or can be made working... but it is a real shame.

The VR Config should be available here on the VR Labs Page. As most components come from ST and 10, I assume a V2 VR config should be quite straightforward. As SimVRLabs does not get updates beforehand, we have to wait until they got time to adapt. Let’s be gratuitous that they make the plane so much better through their config. 

8 hours ago, Raftaman said:

The VR Config should be available here on the VR Labs Page. As most components come from ST and 10, I assume a V2 VR config should be quite straightforward. As SimVRLabs does not get updates beforehand, we have to wait until they got time to adapt. Let’s be gratuitous that they make the plane so much better through their config. 

You would unfortunately be assuming incorrectly. It is unlikely that a VR mod will be released for this aircraft. Ini have built the aircraft in such a way that offers very limited freedom in converting manipulators to work in VR.

• 4 months later...

There is now a huge promotion for the A300-600 -> £ 9.99 (!!!)
But since I only fly in VR, I am very afraid to click "Buy It Now".
Is the plane in v2 currently usable in VR ???
Because I understand that this mod with v1 does not work anymore, and there is no new one and I probably won't.

I am asking you for help, because the promotion will soon disappear 

Just now, Bulva said:

There is now a huge promotion for the A300-600 -> £ 9.99 (!!!)
But since I only fly in VR, I am very afraid to click "Buy It Now".
Is the plane in v2 currently usable in VR ???
Because I understand that this mod with v1 does not work anymore, and there is no new one and I probably won't.

I am asking you for help, because the promotion will soon disappear 

You are correct. ini opted to discontinue the unofficial VR support beyond V1.

Thank you very much for your quick reply (because it's a 24h promotion) 😉
But does it mean that you can't use VR in v2 at all ?

PS Oh, I think I'll let it go ...
There were opinions on another forum that the developer plans to focus on the MSFS platform in the future and it bodes badly for further product support for XP11 and XP12. It may or may not be true, but ...

Edited by Bulva