Question about authorizing SAM in custom sceneries

agonyair

Ok, question for all you scenery gurus out there. I'm having issues determining if a custom scenery is using Autogate or SAM. Obviously it's easy to see in the custom scenery folder if the autogate plugin is inside so therefor I don't authorize SAM in these sceneries. The other issue appears to be scenery developers (both freeware and payware) are upgrading their jetways to SAM and not notifying users. My question is if it is not specifically implied or there is no autogate plugin file inside the custom scenery folder should I authorize SAM for these sceneries?

You're getting something wrong here. Each plugin (either SAM or Autogate) will identify its objects automatically. So if a scenery author places autogate jetways they will work out of the box, same with SAM. Therefore you don't have to bother.

If a custom scenery folder contains a sam.xml file it's likely to be expected using SAM (jetways).

12 hours ago, Marten@Stairport said:

You're getting something wrong here. Each plugin (either SAM or Autogate) will identify its objects automatically. So if a scenery author places autogate jetways they will work out of the box, same with SAM. Therefore you don't have to bother.

If a custom scenery folder contains a sam.xml file it's likely to be expected using SAM (jetways).

Ok, so to get this straight I don't have to authorize the sceneries in the SAM plugin itself?