Open Club  ·  3,973 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

737_70NG Issue on final...

andreld

14 minutes ago, agonyair said:

Did you check off experimental flight model in the settings? Prior to me physically doing this approach was kind of wonky.

No need to touch this setting, it's done internally and automatically turned to ON/checked/Active when loading any 737 NG Series

23 minutes ago, agonyair said:

On the discord Levelup is saying to manually tick off the experimental flight model. They're saying that Xplane is not recognizing it for some reason

The answer is "no need to touch it", even if we touch it, it's done internally :

From the developer on their Discord yesterday: "We're making decent progress on the first update! For FM related issues, our advice now is to turn on Experimental Flight Model when flying the aircraft, this is done through the General tab on your settings.

Feedback were more favourable towards the FM when that was activated. We've forced EFM on through PlaneMaker but it seems that it doesn't seem to turn it on in-sim, Laminar is currently looking into this."

• Like 1

Yes. What cjreed stated. Was trying to screen shot the message from discord. @flyexp3, prior to this I observed in my log that it showed that Levelup did change the mode to experimental but the devs are telling us now to make sure we manually check it in the settings. I did notice a difference between the two. @flyexp3, if you're not a member of the discord I'd suggest joining. Lots of realtime info on their regarding the Levelup 737.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, agonyair said:

Yes. What cjreed stated. Was trying to screen shot the message from discord. @flyexp3, prior to this I observed in my log that it showed that Levelup did change the mode to experimental but the devs are telling us now to make sure we manually check it in the settings. I did notice a difference between the two. @flyexp3, if you're not a member of the discord I'd suggest joining. Lots of realtime info on their regarding the Levelup 737.

Nice, thanks for the report and advice, I was eventually staying on what was said through the link I've provided. Always something new to learn in a ever evolving world 😉

Hi All,

I still have the same problem with the 700NG although experimental flight model is switched on. The aircraft is not able to maintain Vref (+5) and the glideslope. VS moves up and down from +500 ft/min to -2000 ft/min. No matter what speed I capture the glideslope. This only happens with the 700 NG. The -600, -800 and -900NG do not have this problem. The old 700 Ultimate does not have this problem either. At the moment I'm flying the old Ultimate again, as it doesn't make sense to use the new model. Are there any other suggestions besides the experimental flight model that could be the cause?

Matthias

BTW: I've also checked Throttle Noise Lock from OFF to 10.

Edited by Manne67