Ground-level jetways?

avgaskoolaid

First off, thanks for this awesome plugin. Autogate served us well for years, but this is a worthy replacement. I have a scenery project I was working on but it's been on hold for over a year for a variety of reasons, one of the main ones being the lack of appropriate jetways. The scenery is a small airport that has small, ground-level entry jetways made for regional jets. These are pretty common here in the US at both small airports and large ones with extensive regional hub operations (the biggest that come to mind are Minneapolis, Cincinnati, Memphis, JFK, and Detroit). Would it be possible for ground-level entry jetways to be added in the future? It would be a huge help for those of us who like modeling our hometown airports as realistically as possible!

Below are some examples of the jetways that I'm talking about. Reference images for this type of jetway are admittedly hard to find, but I think the purpose would be served by 'simply' (not sure how simple it would actually be) removing the support pilar of the 2.5m jetway to bring it down to ground level, or at least reducing it to something like .5m. Thanks for taking this into consideration! 

fsm22005c5bukutts2qnw_10976889.jpg

jetway-regional-bridge-gate.ashx?h=421&l

VJP5356.jpg

• Like 1

A 0.0m jetway is now included in the version 1.0.1. Note that they actually only work with the CRJ2 and BAE. To Prop aircrafts like the Saab 340 it won't connect because of the close Propeller however they will extent to somewhere close so that the passengers can "jump" of the jetway. We might include a small stair in the next update.

• 4 months later...
On 12/17/2018 at 6:49 AM, Marten@Stairport said:

A 0.0m jetway is now included in the version 1.0.1. Note that they actually only work with the CRJ2 and BAE. To Prop aircrafts like the Saab 340 it won't connect because of the close Propeller however they will extent to somewhere close so that the passengers can "jump" of the jetway. We might include a small stair in the next update.

Stairs or ramps would be nice like how it is at Terminal C in KIAH