Sam does not work with the 737 800 Max Zibo. Whenever I start a flight the finger does not connect and even trying manually it does not allow.

vitor2308

SAM is not connecting the jetways to the zibo at any airport, I tried in several places and only with the Zibo this problem occurs, even starting a flight with the plane off on the Jetway, it does not connect. I tried in manual mode and there is no option to connect.

ZIBO V3.46.9

SAM 2.2.2

Edited by Fortes

• vitor2308 changed the title to Sam does not work with the 737 800 Max Zibo. Whenever I start a flight the finger does not connect and even trying manually it does not allow.

I am having the same issue with the latest Zibo (3.46.11) as well as the last few versions. I start a flight at a default scenery airport with engines not running, and the SAM jetway starts connected and then retracts away! World Jetways 1.0.4 with Sam2 suite 1.4.2. Nothing in the log file.

I noticed that the door location was different in the default 737-800 and the 737-800X XML files. I changed the B737-800X XML file to have the same door coordinates as the default 737-800.xml. This resulted in the jetway connecting at KLAS default scenery gate B19. Top is the original and bottom is the edited. Could it be that the Zibo 737 XML definition shipped with SAM just needs some tweaking?

➜  aircraft diff 737-800X.orig.xml 737-800X.xml
3c3
<     <door position="LF1" x="-1.72599995" y="-0.579999983" z="-13.6000004" psi="13.0500002" opendref="laminar/B738/door/fwd_L_toggle" openvalue="1" opendelay="5" closedref="laminar/B738/door/fwd_L_toggle" closevalue="0" closedelay="10" type="1" />
---
>     <door position="LF1" x="-1.61600006" y="0.2133600120" z="-13.9110003" psi="11.5600004" opendref="laminar/B738/door/fwd_L_toggle" openvalue="1" opendelay="5" closedref="laminar/B738/door/fwd_L_toggle" closevalue="0" closedelay="10" type="1" />

Edited by flyillini06

I noticed on the last few versions of the Zibo that the aircraft loads with the anti-collision light set to "on" when starting from the Turnaround state and this caused the jet bridge to retract when starting up the Zibo. I fixed it by saving a new turnaround state with the into-collision light set to "off". Maybe that is affecting your situation?

Thanks Martin. Is the the latest version of Zibo? 3.46.11? Some users have reported troubles with the Zibo and World Jetways since earlier ones (3.44.XX and later). There was a theory that perhaps some reference coordinates, CG, geometry information, or something got changed between versions.

I spawn to a "cold and dark" state with beacon off, so I haven't seen it spawn with beacon on.

Sometimes, I can fix the issue in the plugin control menu by disabling auto mode and re-enabling it back from manual to auto. Then, the jetway will connect. I also would say that ~25% of the time when arriving at a new airport with the Zibo, and trying to dock, I do not get the docking guidance icon (grey vs green) on the screen.

I'll try the changed coordinates for a while and see if that helps. Maybe it's an architecture related issue as I'm a Mac user.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had this problem too. Easy fix. The aircraft xml for the 737-800x (zibo) is wrong. The Y- value is completely off. This makes AM rhink the door is way lower than it actually is, and consequently the jetway cannot reach.  Replace the Y value in this file with the one in the regular 737-800 and all is fixed. @Marten@Stairport perhaps something you can address in an update?

Zibo actually attaches a corrected xml file in the update packages now.  

IM

• 1 month later...

Having this issue with only the Zibo and the WW which is based of the Zibo. The levelup and all other aircraft work perfectly fine.

Both are latest versions, and I recall  SAM working fine with this version of the WW before I updated SAM to the latest version.

Edited by dipperdolphin