Open Club  ·  3,973 members  ·  Free

Threshold LevelUp

Levelup Updates

Paul Armstrong

• 2 months later...

The Zibo Updater is such a fantastic tool for updating your aircraft and the other features included (e.g. backup, restore previous version) are so useful.

I click the desktop icon and check for updates every time I start my flight sim.

It would be great if updates for LU aircrafts could be made available through the zibo updater (or something similar) as this makes it so easy for the end user to ensure they are flying with the latest versions available.

The other features included in the Zibo Updater (e.g. backup, restore previous version) are also great additions.

2 hours ago, dutchdc3 said:

If only there was something to update. 3 months in and still no update.....

That's the main reason why I started looking to see if there had been any updates because with the Zibo, we're kinda used to getting regular updates, maybe every few days... but, either way, just making a suggestion for when LU updates are available.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:05 AM, Captain Kitten said:

No, we don't give ETA's. Currently development is slow because of developers personal lives as well so internal ETA's aren't really a thing at this time. Churning along - but slowly.

ok....patiently waiting

• 3 weeks later...

I am staring to turn my back on the LevelUp. 

Now about 4 months since release, and not even a fix released.
Starting to look like we have to wait for the update just as long as we have waited for the initial release.

Guy's, you don't have to "Fix" everything in the 1st update, Release a "fix" for the essential issues, and then work on the next update for more general improvements. (Just a thought).

I feel like the developers have lost the momentum.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Are you guys fully aware of some of the devs are coming from specific geographical location, where there's currently major issue, so they're probably busy on their own main concern which would be helping their own country to get outside the situation ?

Not sure they're full idle for the LevelUP project at the moment, I guess we have to be and stay a bit patient and tolerant

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, 73samster said:

Anybody hear of any news yet?  Just curious

Register using the link below, with clicking on "Enable Version Updates" button in the header, you will be informed when a release will be out. This is how we will all be alerted in time :

https://forum.thresholdx.net/files/file/1298-boeing-737ng-series/

Edited by flyexp3
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 months later...

Acknowledging the above about being dinged when an update drops, has there been any word on updates at all? Bugfixes, patches, re-adding Zibo functions that were stripped? Feels like it's been pretty much radio silence. A bit disheartening, especially with the loss of the updater.

On 8/8/2022 at 1:24 PM, Raynebow said:

Acknowledging the above about being dinged when an update drops, has there been any word on updates at all? Bugfixes, patches, re-adding Zibo functions that were stripped? Feels like it's been pretty much radio silence. A bit disheartening, especially with the loss of the updater.

I get the idea the whole team is not yet fully available in working on this workflow, to apply updates and fixes. This project shouldn't in any case being compared to the ZiboMod project activity. So, I guess we have to let time to things to come up and being available, while taking our troubles patiently ... with philosophy 😉

• 2 weeks later...

It's nice that you see it that way and the team here is certainly happy about this statement as well.

But the aircraft is now 8 months old and has obvious problems that need to be corrected. A little feedback would have been really nice. But so far nothing has come. I uninstalled the NG a while ago. In my eyes the project has gone away to use friendly words. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 6:46 PM, GCNorth said:

Before I delve into this aircraft, would someone please enumerate the "obvious problems" that have not yet been addressed?  Thanks.

Just take a look at the forum. There are probably so many that it is not easy to put them together.

Here are my problems with the -700. It revolves around the stability during the landing approach with the AP:

https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/5003-autopilot-problem-app-mode/#comment-13667
https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/5161-trim-runaway-on-apr/#comment-13397
https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/5023-swing-on-the-glide-path-737-600-levelup/#comment-12965
https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/4966-737_70ng-issue-on-final/#comment-12961
https://forum.thresholdx.net/topic/5003-autopilot-problem-app-mode/#comment-12896

There are probably many more. Unfortunately, I can't find them out, because the plane is unflyable in its current condition with me.

I think that I will not install the aircraft again either. The designers here do not respond to the problems and the required updates just take too long. Too bad. The beginning was really promising. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This is the price of a popular freeware addon guys, we wait until an update is eventually released. Don't expect payware update response & feedback...these developers do work hard to bring entertainment to us and have their very own lives too, I think enough has been said with the posts above. The least we can do is wait, whether its a year or two etc. Like I said, it's a freeware model which is still exceptionally good.