FlightFactor A350 Door Location

A380s

I have tried other aircraft with the same jetway (FlightFactor A320 has the jetway a bit higher than the door, but it's more or less at the correct location,) and I am using the Type 2 glass (3.5m and 4.0m) templates from v1.0.8

I've replaced the XML file, but the jetways are still in the same position. I've also reloaded the templates, but with no luck.

Edit: I've also tried connecting to another gate at the same airport, and with a gate at a different airport. However, the position is still incorrect

Edited by A380s

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Marten@Stairport said:

Oh no, me again. It's getting quite difficuilt to manage that many aircrafts. It should be corrected now, please redownload!

@Marten@Stairport I've redownloaded the plugin and reset the templates, and the jetways are a bit closer to the door. However, they're still pretty offset 🙂

0.PNG.8d3c524dff2702b1f0b011d15c3164d4.PNG

1.PNG.e87ff8273a828cea20b9aec3b17d3cdf.PNG

1 hour ago, Marten@Stairport said:

I tested a clean SAM installation in a clean xplane installation and a glas type 2 3.5 and 4.0m config with the included template. FF A350 version 1.4.8. That's my result. Is it possible that you accidently changed the template?

jetways.JPG.f3d7e68ea674ee46374b7d0efb25c04d.JPG

Hmm I always delete the SAM folder in plugins and Custom Scenery when I update. Could it be a different A350 version? I'm using v1.5.2

On 5/31/2019 at 1:45 PM, Marten@Stairport said:

Well the connection point is pretty much offset...

Unbenannt.JPG

Hmm it seems to work visually with the jetways... I'm interested in how the alignment is actually done 🙂

16 minutes ago, Marten@Stairport said:

Not sure what you mean. The Jetways are supposed to stop centered at the given coordinate of the aircraft.xml. No magic in here 😉

Ahh ok, I see what you mean 🙂 I offset the jetways so that the doors would not clip through the Type 2, as the opening and the door itself usually fit within the jetway "hood" in real life

0.PNG.ac67b7c0c82fc7585e5cda79573aec0a.PNG

On 6/8/2019 at 12:57 AM, Marten@Stairport said:

It should be connected clear of the opened door anyway. If you provide me your exact test case I will try to reproduce your misalignment. 

@Marten@Stairport with your xml file, I have the opened door clipping through the hood of the jetway. This happens with the Type 1 Glass jetway, which has a smaller opening than the Type 2 (but is the only glass type that can reach 6.0m.) It happens before (spawn) and after (using the guidance system or a marshaller) a flight

p.PNG

Edited by A380s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to bring this up again, but with the latest version of SAM (updated just now), and the new release of the A350, also just updated, I am unable to connect to door L2, and the jetways are not in the correct place for L1. How can I fix this?

I have downloaded the updated Aircraft.xml linked above, but the issue still remains. Door L2 does not appear as an option to connect to, and the jetways for L1 are incorrectly placed.

I am using my own VVDN scenery https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/53661-vvdn-da-nang-international-airport-vietnam-sam-wt3-ready/

Edited by AVC29
  • Like 1