RealPFD, an accurate PFD for the MD80 by Rotate.
Rotate's default PFD has some huge differences between the majority of MD80 PFDs in the real airplanes. I addressed these differences in this addon to make the PFD much more accurate as you can see in the images above (see the Before, After, and Real screenshots).
What was changed?
- Artificial Horizon colors, shape, and size
- Font of numbers
- Command Bar/Flight director cross-hare color, shape, and size
- Symbolic aircraft colors, size, and shape
- Bank markings length and width
- Width of lines marking degrees of pitch
- Simple CRT display simulation (pixel distortion and brightness)
- A little bit of dust, dirt, and finger prints that you probably wouldn't notice unless you zoomed in and looked
- Many other small tweaks
Step 1: Place the "cockpit_3d" folder in your root MD80 folder. ("X-Plane 11/Aircraft/Rotate MD80")
Step 2: Merge and replace files when needed.
Step 3: Enjoy a realistic and accurate MD80 PFD!