POPDisplay is a plugin that allows users to display aircraft displays in pop up windows. A lot of aircraft, like the Zibomod 737 pictured here, lack the ability out of the box to display the panel displays in modern pop up windows. POPDisplay sets out to change this, with the ability to display windows not only inside the simulator window, but thanks to the modern windows, outside the simulator too. This is perfect for home cockpit builders who have struggled to get displays working with the aircraft from outside the simulator window.
Additionally, POPDisplay supports "window saving", where it will remember your window positions both inside the simulator and outside in pop up windows, returning them to the state they were in when the simulator closed.
A few things to note:
- This is the first POPDisplay release. While I tried my absolute best to ensure things on all 3 platforms were running smoothly, there may still be bugs that I didn't catch. I can say from my tests, the plugin was running perfectly on both Windows (10, Update 2004) and Linux (Ubuntu 18.04), but I was not able to test the plugin on MacOS. Please let me know if there is any issues there.
- Unfortunately the only aircraft supported right now is the Zibomod 737, this was done rather intentionally as it has the largest user base. Don't worry, this is set to change soon.
- This is not the final product! Currently, POPDisplay is released in a MVP (Minimum Viable Product) state so that the upfront base features are exposed, and there is plenty of input from users.
- POPDisplay will be open source. I am awaiting a few things before this happens.
- POPDisplay has been tested on the latest beta versions of X-Plane, so it is Vulkan ready.
You install this like any other plugin, unzip into the X-Plane plugins folder.
I absolutely welcome any feedback anyone has to provide, good or bad!