About This File
For XP 11.25+
This script provides dynamic haze/fog control based on reported visibility, providing smooth visibility transitions throughout all phases of flight. This means no "infinite" visibility the higher you get, no abrupt visibility changes and a realistic looking atmosphere based on reported visibility for the area.
* Smooth visibility transitions during all phases of flight
* No white out/grey out/blue out when passing through clouds or at night (My older "No White Out In Clouds" script is no longer needed)
* No more infinite visibility
* More challenge in IMC conditions
* Works with default weather (manual and real weather)
* Not compatible with X-Enviro
* Not tested with Ultra weather, disabling the haze options in that plugin should get it working with X-Visibilty theoretically
* FSE v0.5 uses the older gradual visibility script in the TrueHaze.lua file. Remove all text below (or remove lines 122-288) --TRUEHAZE INTERNAL PARAMETERS and this script should work fine with FSE
* If you are using the "No White Out In Clouds" script, please remove it as it is no longer needed
This script was tested on X-Plane 11.25, and it requires the flyWithLua NG plugin available at:
To install, place X-Visibility.lua in the following folder:
<X-Plane installation path>\Resources\plugins\FlyWithLua\Scripts\
There is no interface but it is possible to change some parameters of this script with the following lines:
local plugin_on = true --enable plugin
local debug_info = false --show debug info
local atmoTop_visibility = 30480 --elevation to apply the max visibility, default is 30480 m
local minFog_value = 0.6 --minimum fog value between 0.0-1.0, default is 0.6
local atmoTop_Fog = 1.5 --fog value after passing atmoTop_visibility
local highAltFogMult = 1 --reduce to 0.5 or 0.25 if you feel the haze at higher altitudes is too strong, default is 1
Thanks to @SNowblind7 for his help testing this script and for his initial work in the gradualVisibility script from which this is built upon.
If you would like to support my X-Plane projects, you can always get me a coffee so I can stay awake more often . This of course is purely voluntary as I do like sleep.
What's New in Version 1.0.3 See changelog
Changes for v1.0.3
-Changed default value for xvis_highAltFogMult from 1 to 0.75
-Fixed moon and stars not showing in very low visibility
Changes for v1.0.2
-Integration with FlyAgi Tweak Utility
FlyAgi Tweak Utility can access and configure X-Visibility parameters from within the utility main menu by clicking the 'X-Visibility Fog Control' button. That opens a new menu page with the fog controls.
Thanks to @FlyAgi for reaching out to me to have it included in his script.