After 21 months and nearly 800 hours of development, Sea2Sky in cooperation with Zero Dollar Payware are pleased to announce Tokyo Narita International airport V1.0 is officially released!
About this project:
I initially started this ambitious project knowing absolutely nothing about scenery development. I quickly realized I may have bitten off more than I could chew. Over the first year, many iterations were completed before deciding on a version that fit my liking. Majority of my time was learning new techniques and gaining valuable feedback from other talented developers. About a year into development, I was approached by @StableSystem from Zero Dollar Payware. We agreed to partner up as they have great experience with scenery design and texturing\modeling.
I would like to announce: I have joined Zero Dollar Payware and all scenery going forward will be released under the ZDP brand. This gives us the ability to reduce the workload on specific projects while focusing on what we are good at. Expect an announcement of our next scenery soon! (Hint: It's within 3 hours of Narita).
Always appreciated the amazing scenery others create and wanted to give something back to the community. I hope all of you enjoy the work we put into this project.
- Built from the ground up
- Custom Mesh
- SAM Jetways and Docking Guidance Systems
- Custom textured Jetways to match real counterpart
- All Terminals\Cargo Buildings are Custom Modeled
- Custom Ortho built to fit the airport
- All lines\taxiways\gate markings re-done
- Over 5000 hand placed trees to fit realistically
- Over 500 hand placed objects
- Airport ground textures all matched with real world airport
- Ground routes for service vehicles
- All gates, ramps and parking spots correctly positioned and identified within X-Plane
- 3D Grass blending
- Custom Oil\dirt\tire markings
- Realistic Runways
- Thousands of hand placed GSE and Clutter objects
**Important - Please ensure your have the required (updated) libraries below, or the scenery will not work**
Airport Environment HD: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/35172-airport-environment-hd/
BS2001 Object Library: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/28045-bs2001-object-library/
MisterX Library: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/28167-misterx-library-and-static-aircraft-extension/
SAM - Scenery Animation Manager: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/49066-sam-scenery-animation-manager/
Handy Objects Library: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/24261-the-handy-objects-library/
Step #1: Ensure you have all the required and updated libraries installed before proceeding! Reference the list above.
Step #2: Download the file in the link provided.
Step #3: Unpack sea2sky-zdp-narita-international-xp11-V1.0.0 into (X-Plane 11 > Custom Scenery).
Step #4: Inside the sea2sky-zdp-narita-international-xp11-V1.0.0 folder, you will see a folder named: sea2sky-zdp-narita-international-xp11-mesh-V1.0.0. Cut and paste this folder in (X-Plane 11 > Custom Scenery). (In the end, you should have the airport folder and the separate mesh folder inside your Custom Scenery folder.
Step #5: Ensure your scenery_packs.ini file has the proper order structure! Mesh goes below the airport. For example:
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/sea2sky-zdp-narita-international-xp11-V1.0.0/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/sea2sky-zdp-narita-international-xp11-mesh-V1.0.0/
If you have any issues or suggestions, please leave a comment below and I will do my best to help.
I wanted to personally thank everyone who contributed and helped me get this project completed. I couldn't have done it without you!
- Huge thank you to @StableSystem and @awfsiu for teaching me and the work you've contributed. Looking forward to developing with you guys under ZDP!
- Thanks to @Bear East for the Terminal 1 model contribution.
- Thanks to @KBNOtaku for the awesome Sam Jetway textures
- Thanks to CDG for letting me use your custom dirt maps!
- Special thanks to all library creators for allowing developers to use your awesome libraries!
- Thanks to everyone who followed along with me. This project has been an eye opening experience.
Most of all, huge thanks to my wife for putting up with my constant clicking and frustrations. Especially allowing me to dedicate time to this amazing hobby!
Please remember this is my first official scenery and not everything will be 100% accurate. This is V1.0 and i'm positive many updates will come in the future. If you see an issue or want something implemented , leave a comment below and I will add it to the list of things to get done. I appreciate all of you.
Blue skies and strong tailwinds!