•  image.png.9482dad65fbc76551de8aace56890fc2.png

General Electric CF6-80E1 Engine Mod for JAR330 1.1.1

(35 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

I Present to you all the GE CF6 80E1 Engines for the JAR 330

Release-Image.jpg

------------------------------------

Fully Animated Interior/Exterior Reverse's with Custom Particles in icing conditions.

This is a High Quality texture mode - 4K Textures.

Installation of this mode is not for the faint of heart'd, if you don't have much experience with mods and editing object files, please be warned.

Read Manual for more information.

Paint Kit has been included in the zip file, this is only a PS Users version, if there is a requirement for others I will see what I can do.

I will advise this engine is an approximate modelling/texturing of the GE Engines, I in no way advise this is a like for like model of the GE CF6-80E1 engine.

Enjoy and leave a comment.

------------------------------------

If you do feel the need to send any donations, it is not a requirement but its appreciated. PayPal Link here: PayPal Link

And for any further info on upcoming Engines/Discussions and Liveries check out the REM Club:

Quick Comment - If you are trying to do liveries make sure that you are placing the new engine texture in to the correct folder with in your livery, the directory of the livery has to match the directory of the default
objects folder, if the GE Engines basic texture is in the objects/GE Engines folder in the default directory for the JAR330, you need to make sure its in there same folder name with in the livery/objects/ directory, otherwise it will not override.

This is a Visual Mod only, there is no change to performance in this mod, you will still get the same performance you would using the RR Engines and you will still see "EPR" on the ECAM

Previously Known Issues

1) The Old version removes the "MISC_2.obj" this removes part of the cabin, I have updated the version and updating the Manual to fix this issue, there will be some further Object Editing in text editor required.

------

Looking for more engine textures? check out the below link;

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/tags/ge mod/ 

Thanks;

@Julien14

----

Video Preview;

Edited by cardajowol

What's New in Version 1.1.1   See changelog

Released

1) Removed Files from Particles Folder of the ZIp that should not be there causing issues for people adding them in to Plane Maker.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi! I have a BIG problem or bug i don't know what is it but in something wrong.

The problem or bug, whatever is it, my engines don't start and i want to fly with these beautiful engines, any solve for this bug or problem?

I wait your answer, regards Lemans.

Hi

First of all thank you so much for such a work and also for sharing .

I noticed your answer above about an issue ( ability to see through the blades ) .This happens to me on the R-engine . I verified my intake and everything is correctly entered … I have a question : in the manual it is written :

"10) Clear (delete) 3 objects in the Misc Objects window; 330_engine_LH.OBJ & 330_engine_RH.OBJ  "

You say 3 objects but you mention only 2 … what is the third one ? or what I don't understand well ? Have I missed a step ?

Regards

jcdp

4 hours ago, lemans said:

The problem or bug, whatever is it, my engines don't start and i want to fly with these beautiful engines, any solve for this bug or problem?

This doesn't sound like a bug with the mod, you are not editing the engine files, if your engines don't start its most likely because your missing something on your preflight configuration to start the plane.

28 minutes ago, jcdp said:

Hi

First of all thank you so much for such a work and also for sharing .

I noticed your answer above about an issue ( ability to see through the blades ) .This happens to me on the R-engine . I verified my intake and everything is correctly entered … I have a question : in the manual it is written :

"10) Clear (delete) 3 objects in the Misc Objects window; 330_engine_LH.OBJ & 330_engine_RH.OBJ  "

You say 3 objects but you mention only 2 … what is the third one ? or what I don't understand well ? Have I missed a step ?

Regards

jcdp

That is a typo in the version, it used to be 3 until a bug came up, it went back down to 2, I'll fix that typo for the next version. Cheers.

Hello! I can't reply to a reply from you that you sent me, so I will make a new comment.

Could you pass the MISC_2.obj and FUSEL_2.obj files with the modifications already made for the GE engines? Because the preflight is perfect, I'm doing a real checklist and also pressing the green button for the quick start of the plane that is in the bottom left of the screen, but still the engines won't start.

I await your response to solve my problem.

Greetings, Lemans.

35 minutes ago, lemans said:

Hello! I can't reply to a reply from you that you sent me, so I will make a new comment.

Could you pass the MISC_2.obj and FUSEL_2.obj files with the modifications already made for the GE engines? Because the preflight is perfect, I'm doing a real checklist and also pressing the green button for the quick start of the plane that is in the bottom left of the screen, but still the engines won't start.

I await your response to solve my problem.

Greetings, Lemans.

None of the modifications to MISC_2 have any bearing on engine start, all it does is remove animations/objects they will not affect engine start/functionality. None of the mod has that level of interaction with 330. There is also no modification been to the FUSEL_2.obj, I'm also not going to redistribute payware material with out permission of the original developer - IE Jardesign

I would suggest starting from scratch taking a copy of the JAR330, doing a start up like you are now see if the engines start, if they do, then go through the mod configuration again and do the start up again. Follow the manual carefully.

Edited by cardajowol

10 hours ago, cardajowol said:

This doesn't sound like a bug with the mod, you are not editing the engine files, if your engines don't start its most likely because your missing something on your preflight configuration to start the plane.

That is a typo in the version, it used to be 3 until a bug came up, it went back down to 2, I'll fix that typo for the next version. Cheers.

Hi

Thank you for your clarification ...

jcdp

On 5/28/2020 at 1:24 PM, lemans said:

This has happened to me too, however i am led to believe that it is, in fact, a problem with your incredible mod because i loaded into the non-modded version of the plane and the engines were fine. Thank you for this incredible mod, and I hope that you can help.

35 minutes ago, GoGators257 said:

This has happened to me too, however i am led to believe that it is, in fact, a problem with your incredible mod because i loaded into the non-modded version of the plane and the engines were fine. Thank you for this incredible mod, and I hope that you can help.

The Mod Files have no interaction with the engine start functionality, the engines only look for certain dataref entries they do not edit them, if you are having issues with starting the engine, you have most likely deleted or change something you should not of as part of the installation.

Delete your Jar folder, start fresh and go through the installation again, read the manually carefully while reinstalling.

Hello! I have been trying for 3 weeks to make the engines work but they still continue to want to start even if I click on the green button at the bottom left, also at night the screens are very dark, I will give you a photo of how they look (it only happens at night during the day they look like it was at night), that did not happen to me before doing anything and just when I change the engines and everything necessary that happens to me, I do not know if there is any solution if it is that there is no I recommend making a video explaining the process without cuts of how to do it. Regards, Lemans

P.S: You can a photo of how I have my graphics on so you can see that I have everything necessary to make it work

Panels dark bug.png

87883548_graphicssettings.png.e59df6e3f91d840f4fb18a813afaaaeb.png

Edited by lemans

I'm sorry, I have been trying for weeks now, and have done this so many times and nothing is working. also, there are multiple people that this is happening to, so I am led to believe that it is something with the mod that may be happening on some people's planes but not others. I understand that the mod does not do anything, but the unmodded plane works fine. I have been using a checklist and have been starting up both planes identically when attempting to get this to work. Also, I have read and followed every word of the instructions multiple times, and i have experience with modding so I doubt it is a noob mistake. I truly appreciate your work, but would appreciate just a little more help rather than just denial too. Thank you so much!

Edited by GoGators257

On 6/25/2020 at 11:34 AM, rezalovesfood said:

hi can anyone help with this problem?

a330 - 2020-06-25 14.59.47.png

Looks like you've not set the positions of the N1 fast blade objects correctly in plane maker, they need to match the engines.

On 6/30/2020 at 1:49 PM, !@#$%^& said:

nice mod for jd user!!!, btw any plan for PW4000?

They are on the road map.

9 hours ago, Ramtin said:

Engines wont start 😞 could someone please help me

That happens exactly the same with me and also the panels of the cockpit at night are so dark and its impossible to fly 

I also have the problem where my engines wont start. I have watched and followed the tutorial several times now. Any help is wonderful!

Sorry, i did not read the comments above, this is an edited comment. I will probably edit again if nothing from above works. 

Another followup, I re downloaded the mod in a fresh install. same results and I did the startup properly. I watched different videos of people in the plane even with the mod. 

Startup works fine without engines, after download it just doesn't work.

Edited by shloohoo

On 7/10/2020 at 3:51 AM, shloohoo said:

I also have the problem where my engines wont start. I have watched and followed the tutorial several times now. Any help is wonderful!

Sorry, i did not read the comments above, this is an edited comment. I will probably edit again if nothing from above works. 

Another followup, I re downloaded the mod in a fresh install. same results and I did the startup properly. I watched different videos of people in the plane even with the mod. 

Startup works fine without engines, after download it just doesn't work.

Not sure how I can help, the mod is visual only, it should have no impact on functionality of the plane, the only areas I could see there being issues if you rename the acf file or some of the author panel, I've seen function break when doing that other than that everything else is just object modding which won't affect functionality.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:25 PM, cardajowol said:

May want to update these for the new version! 😛

Hi there, I released a fix for my livery pack today 🙂

• Thanks 1

Hey

Appreciate the work

But I have the problem the engines arr grey and not textured correctly I think i did everything right

Maybe someone else with the problem ?

Appreciate any help

Thx

Tim

On 7/20/2020 at 1:11 PM, timmse101 said:

Hey

Appreciate the work

But I have the problem the engines arr grey and not textured correctly I think i did everything right

Maybe someone else with the problem ?

Appreciate any help

Thx

Tim

Can you send me a picture of you GE Engine objects folder, can you also tell me if you are using a particular livery?

Edited by cardajowol

On 5/27/2020 at 2:29 AM, GoGators257 said:

Sorry, I read what you said, but it is still not working. maybe i'm doing it wrong? I painted the engines and then put the paintkit in a folder named GE Engines and then put that into the objects folder of my livery. Is there anything I am missing?

Edit: I got it work with a bit of help from V1 Sim. Do you think you will make it compatible with the FTSim+ fmod soundpacks? There is already a GE Engine pack on their site, all that is needed is compatibility.

I have the same problem, my engines are white and I have the ge_engine.png texture here:
\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Extra Aircraft\JD330XP11\objects\GE Engines\ge_engine.png

\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Extra Aircraft\JD330XP11\liveries\Iberia (EC-LYF)\objects\GE Engines\ge_engine.png

I am using this texture: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/62745-a330-200-jd-iberia-ge-engines

Could this be because I and other users with this issue are not running X-Plane in 4K resolution?

Edited by TurryBoeing

16 hours ago, TurryBoeing said:

I have the same problem, my engines are white and I have the ge_engine.png texture here:
\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Extra Aircraft\JD330XP11\objects\GE Engines\ge_engine.png

\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\Extra Aircraft\JD330XP11\liveries\Iberia (EC-LYF)\objects\GE Engines\ge_engine.png

I am using this texture: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/62745-a330-200-jd-iberia-ge-engines

Could this be because I and other users with this issue are not running X-Plane in 4K resolution?

Ah, the issue is that you are running the engine with the new paintkit and that engine livery hasn't been updated yet.

As those textures seem not to be recieving an update any time soon in the future for the updated paintkit, I'll make on for Iberia and add it to my pack for the updated paintkit version.

I'll let you know when you I have updated so you can download it 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1