•  image.png.9482dad65fbc76551de8aace56890fc2.png

General Electric CF6-80E1 Engine Mod for JAR330 1.1.1

(35 reviews)

11 Screenshots

About This File

I Present to you all the GE CF6 80E1 Engines for the JAR 330

Release-Image.jpg

------------------------------------

Fully Animated Interior/Exterior Reverse's with Custom Particles in icing conditions.

This is a High Quality texture mode - 4K Textures.

Installation of this mode is not for the faint of heart'd, if you don't have much experience with mods and editing object files, please be warned.

Read Manual for more information.

Paint Kit has been included in the zip file, this is only a PS Users version, if there is a requirement for others I will see what I can do.

I will advise this engine is an approximate modelling/texturing of the GE Engines, I in no way advise this is a like for like model of the GE CF6-80E1 engine.

Enjoy and leave a comment.

------------------------------------

If you do feel the need to send any donations, it is not a requirement but its appreciated. PayPal Link here: PayPal Link

And for any further info on upcoming Engines/Discussions and Liveries check out the REM Club:

Quick Comment - If you are trying to do liveries make sure that you are placing the new engine texture in to the correct folder with in your livery, the directory of the livery has to match the directory of the default
objects folder, if the GE Engines basic texture is in the objects/GE Engines folder in the default directory for the JAR330, you need to make sure its in there same folder name with in the livery/objects/ directory, otherwise it will not override.

This is a Visual Mod only, there is no change to performance in this mod, you will still get the same performance you would using the RR Engines and you will still see "EPR" on the ECAM

Previously Known Issues

1) The Old version removes the "MISC_2.obj" this removes part of the cabin, I have updated the version and updating the Manual to fix this issue, there will be some further Object Editing in text editor required.

------

Looking for more engine textures? check out the below link;

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/tags/ge mod/ 

Thanks;

@Julien14

----

Video Preview;

Edited by cardajowol

What's New in Version 1.1.1   See changelog

Released

1) Removed Files from Particles Folder of the ZIp that should not be there causing issues for people adding them in to Plane Maker.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I haven't seen anyone else with this issue so it might just be something I've done, but I have this wierd gap on my engines where nacells meet. its not there in plane maker but it is in the sim. image.png.e18d034a275c3df5a23eab01eb2a67e1.pngimage.png.59a7798bed51db4420d8250a5f0161b0.png

13 hours ago, DarkFlameSorceror said:

I haven't seen anyone else with this issue so it might just be something I've done, but I have this wierd gap on my engines where nacells meet. its not there in plane maker but it is in the sim. image.png.e18d034a275c3df5a23eab01eb2a67e1.pngimage.png.59a7798bed51db4420d8250a5f0161b0.png

You are using old Engine textures on your livery, the textures were updated in 1.1.0 to help painters paint on the engines properly. You may want to get in contact with the livery maker and get them to update their engine livery.

On 8/15/2020 at 10:03 AM, DarkFlameSorceror said:

Not entirely sure, but those look like some of my engine liveries, if you read the description right at the top it tells you with version you need, if you download the latest version for the update, it should work

On 8/16/2020 at 2:44 AM, Full-Flight said:

Not entirely sure, but those look like some of my engine liveries, if you read the description right at the top it tells you with version you need, if you download the latest version for the update, it should work

Funny thing is 10 min after I read the reply from cardajowol you posted the updates. all is good now.

• Like 1

Hello,

Got any news about the update for the Iberia livery? Investigating further, I found out that my engines look also gray when I use a livery from "1.1.0 Upwards", and they also look gray even if I paint ge_engine.png all on one color, for example, pink.

I am not running X-Plane on 4K resolution.

Looking at the logs, I found out this, wich confused me even more, but confirms a plausible cause: Texture is not being loaded at all

[SASL INFO] loading    audio
[SASL INFO] loading    pax_text
[SASL INFO] loading    cab_text
[SASL INFO] loading    mech_text
[SASL INFO] loading    last
[SASL INFO] loading    diagnost
[SASL INFO] Avionics loaded
0:00:16.118 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'ge_engine.png', referenced from file 'Aircraft/Extra Aircraft/JD330XP11/objects/GE Engines/particles/'.
0:00:16.118 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'ge_engine.png', referenced from file 'Aircraft/Extra Aircraft/JD330XP11/objects/GE Engines/particles/'.
0:00:16.118 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'ge_engine_n1.png', referenced from file 'Aircraft/Extra Aircraft/JD330XP11/objects/GE Engines/particles/'.
0:00:16.118 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'ge_engine_n1.png', referenced from file 'Aircraft/Extra Aircraft/JD330XP11/objects/GE Engines/particles/'.
0:00:16.118 I/FLT: Init dat_p0 type:loc_tak apt:LEAS rwy:11

Edited by TurryBoeing

On 8/19/2020 at 12:13 PM, TurryBoeing said:

Hello,

Got any news about the update for the Iberia livery? Investigating further, I found out that my engines look also gray when I use a livery from "1.1.0 Upwards", and they also look gray even if I paint ge_engine.png all on one color, for example, pink.

I am not running X-Plane on 4K resolution.

Looking at the logs, I found out this, wich confused me even more, but confirms a plausible cause: Texture is not being loaded at all

Re-check which files you are adding in to Plane Maker, there was old files left in the Particles Folder that should not be there, I have removed from the ZIP file, there should be only the GE-Particle files in the Particles Folder. Make sure to only add the "GE Engines/GE Engine N1" Objects from the GE Engines Folder.

On 9/20/2020 at 9:48 AM, imadethisaccjusttodownload said:

Does this work for RW Designs A330 ?

Not currently, something I will look in to in the future.

16 hours ago, Ricc4rdo92 said:

I have a problem with Plane Maker

949383425_Immagine2020-09-30223842.jpg.a573b646425611906716ffbd87d763e2.jpg

Looks like a problem with plane maker rather than the mod, looks like some graphical issue thats making the aircraft reference drop down larger than it should be putting it over the 3rd coordinate. Not something i've ever seen before or know how to fix.

I have risen having set the Italian language on the simulator, my words lengthened in fact as soon as I put English the problem was gone

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 9:40 AM, KIMSUNJAE said:

Could you Make NEO Wing?

That is a whole different kettle of fish there, not quite that easy to make.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:41 PM, Ricc4rdo92 said:

I have a problem with Plane Maker

949383425_Immagine2020-09-30223842.jpg.a573b646425611906716ffbd87d763e2.jpg

It's just a matter of window size. Try to make the preview window smaller.

Hello. This mod support V. 4.1R2? Because i have problem with starting the engines

(edited) 

I have read the comments about not starting engines and want to show you my order of installing engines in Plane Maker.

1. I am deleting 2 engine files
2. I create five blank files. To them I connect files from the folder with engines.
3. I expose their values so that they can be found in the right places.
4. Set Shadow Mode for 2 objects, also set "Prefill" for 3 objects.
5. Change the name of the acf file.
6. Save and exit.

I did everything as it was in manual. I also tried not to change the name of the acf file, but it still didn't help.

Edited by Elmem

On 12/27/2020 at 8:59 AM, Elmem said:

Hello. This mod support V. 4.1R2? Because i have problem with starting the engines

(edited) 

I have read the comments about not starting engines and want to show you my order of installing engines in Plane Maker.

1. I am deleting 2 engine files
2. I create five blank files. To them I connect files from the folder with engines.
3. I expose their values so that they can be found in the right places.
4. Set Shadow Mode for 2 objects, also set "Prefill" for 3 objects.
5. Change the name of the acf file.
6. Save and exit.

I did everything as it was in manual. I also tried not to change the name of the acf file, but it still didn't help.

I've advised many that the mod is visual only if done correct it would have no impact to the mechanics of the plane, the only alternate is that you've done something incorrect in plane maker. DO NOT and I emphasise DO NOT change any names of acf files or any part of the author page in plane maker, this will most likely cause the problems you are seeing. Alot of the SASL/Flight Model/System plugins these planes use usually reference the ACF file, if you change names they usually will stop working.

Now you can either record your steps in a video so I can review and point out any problems, or you can try starting fresh and only editing the misc object page of the acf file in plane maker to add the engines and remove the others. I have also tested this in V4.1R2 and it still works fine. 

On 1/3/2021 at 1:59 PM, Ricc4rdo92 said:

The engines do not start using the V2.2
so the mod only work with the V4?

They were tested in V3 and V4 and both are working.

I have a question are you going to update the GE engine coverings inside the mod for Swiss, Qantas because I keep having this odd clear see through effect lol.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:14 AM, CarolinaSeeker94 said:

I have a question are you going to update the GE engine coverings inside the mod for Swiss, Qantas because I keep having this odd clear see through effect lol.

Thats probably because you're using old liveries that were for previous releases, so you'll need to find updated livery for those airlines. They weren't ones I included in my mod pack.

• Like 1

THanks for this mod. It looks awesome. The only thing I did was changing the obj from the engines, so I can paint both engines differently.

1710920418_a330-2021-08-2521_32_31.jpg.cacb1bc0e744c3531a7d74e354025fd4.jpg