•  image.png.9482dad65fbc76551de8aace56890fc2.png

CFM LEAP 1A Engine Mod 2.0.0

(46 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

I Present to you all the CFM LEAP 1A Engine for the FFA320, Toliss A319 and A321 

Leap1AThumnail.jpg.fba31396856a33aaa0cccc368d0ec9e1.jpg

------------------------------------

Fully Animated Interior/Exterior Reverse's with Custom Particles in icing conditions and reverse thrust particle effects.

Installation of this mode is not for the faint of heart'd, if you don't have much experience with mods, please be warned.

Read Manual for more information.

Paint Kit is available as a separate download, this is only a PS Users version, if there is a requirement for others I will see what I can do.

I will advise this engine is an approximate modelling/texturing of the LEAP Engines, I in no way advise this is a like for like model of the CFM LEAP 1A engine.

Enjoy and leave a comment.

------------------------------------

If you do feel the need to send any donations, it is not a requirement but its appreciated. PayPal Link here: PayPal Link

And for any further info on upcoming Engines/Discussions and Liveries check out the REM Club:

Quick Comment - IIf you are trying to do liveries make sure that you are placing the new engine texture in to the correct folder with in your livery, the directory of the livery has to match the directory of the default objects folder, if the LEAP Engines basic texture is in the objects/LEAP Engines folder in the default directory for the FFA320/Toliss319/321, you need to make sure its in there same folder name with in the livery/objects/ directory, otherwise it will not override.

This is a Visual Mod only, there is no change to performance in this mod, you will still get the same performance you would using the CFM/IAE Engines, If your using the Toliss with this mod, I would suggest making sure it is set to CFM not IAE so you will get the "N1" on the ECAM rather than the "EPR"

Previously Known Issues

1) N1 Windmilling might be little fast at times, I'm looking in to it see if anything can be done to limit that. ##FIXED in 1.1.2##

----

Video Preview;

Edited by cardajowol

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

Patch Notes;

1. Air Inlet Cowling Enlarged to be more accurate to the Real World LEAPs.
  2. N1 Fans pushed back to provide more accurate room in the inlet section.
  3. Update to textures in multiple areas;
    • Cowling - Dirt/Grim and the bottom of the cowlings
    • Update on Exhaust Textures
    • Modified the Pylon Textures - Colour of parts and Dirt/Grim
    • PBRs also updated to add to texture changes
  4. Update to Decals to be more accurate to what is on the cowling.
  5. Multiple Modelling Changes across the engines
  6. (A321/A319) Updated N1 Fan blade to start in the correct direction
  7. (A321/A319) Modified the Particles for lower temperature condensation out of the Pylons
  8. (A321) Manual updated to provide instructions on how to install the LEAPs in a way that can be used with the default Toliss PW/IAE/CFM engines or with my PW Engine Mod.
  9. Texture Format Updated to fit with 11.50 Recommendations all textures now us .dds format
  10. 2K Version has been removed as Vulkan now handles quality of textures.
  11. Paintkit also Updated to reflect Changes.
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 10

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey I need some help, I installed this livery for the neo (CS-TXE): TOLISS A321 TAP Air Portugal PACK - Aircraft Skins - Liveries - X-Plane.Org Forum but I'm getting duplicated engines, how do I fix this? I tried doing what the manual said and deleted the engines.png and put LEP1A.png (that came with the livery) into a folder called LEAP Engines, and it still didn't fix the problem, what have I done wrong? 

21 hours ago, thewalkingfruit said:

Hey I need some help, I installed this livery for the neo (CS-TXE): TOLISS A321 TAP Air Portugal PACK - Aircraft Skins - Liveries - X-Plane.Org Forum but I'm getting duplicated engines, how do I fix this? I tried doing what the manual said and deleted the engines.png and put LEP1A.png (that came with the livery) into a folder called LEAP Engines, and it still didn't fix the problem, what have I done wrong? 

sounds like you didn't do the kill data refs correctly, recheck them and compare to the manual screenshot. Look for spaces you may have included.

On 8/19/2021 at 4:08 AM, baltimoreaviation said:

HI! Im aware Spirit dosent use the LEAP1A irl but is there any Spirit LEAP1A engine texture out here for the ff320?

Probably not any due to that very reason.

Does this mod also come with sharklets? if not , it wont be a A320 neo exactly right? does this mod only replace engines or will add sharklets too? please respond.

1 hour ago, coolgovind180 said:

Does this mod also come with sharklets? if not , it wont be a A320 neo exactly right? does this mod only replace engines or will add sharklets too? please respond.

It does not this is only the engine, if you want sharklets, you can go and look at the Matavia mod.

14 hours ago, cardajowol said:

It does not this is only the engine, if you want sharklets, you can go and look at the Matavia mod.

so matavia mod uses your engine textures right? So that i cna use the paints of matavia mod in your engines too?

1 hour ago, coolgovind180 said:

so matavia mod uses your engine textures right? So that i cna use the paints of matavia mod in your engines too?

They incorporate my engine yes, whether the paints work on the engines I don't know.

hi greta and amazing mods.

On the instructions for a321 it states in the first section 

"Find the object “engines.obj” and Copy the Kill DataRef under the XYZ Coordinates of the object"

on my aircraft that is "anim/NEO"

However the manual then says it should be "AirbusFBW/ObjectKill"

This is contradicting innitial instructions so im a bit confused. I do not own the neo upgrade but i guess the plane comes with it inside the acf file. Can you please clarify for me? Thank You So much

• Like 1

Does anyone have an Alaska Airlines livery for Toliss A321 that is compatible with the latest version of this mod? I've searched in 3 different forums and I couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Edited by everydaynormalgeek

Hi Carda! 

Great mod as always! I'm also having issues with the N1 fan blades rotating in the wrong direction. I've tried to troubleshoot in plane maker, however I can't seem to find the cause. I am on the latest version of the engines and have installed using your manual. I have installed almost all of your other engines with no issues, so I'm stumped on what it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 7:19 AM, SeanK6299 said:

Hi Carda! 

Great mod as always! I'm also having issues with the N1 fan blades rotating in the wrong direction. I've tried to troubleshoot in plane maker, however I can't seem to find the cause. I am on the latest version of the engines and have installed using your manual. I have installed almost all of your other engines with no issues, so I'm stumped on what it could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have this same issue since the latest Toliss A321 update and I'm not clear why it's happened. I've installed your engine mods @cardajowol many times and feel confident in what I'm doing (but always follow the instructions carefully). In the livery.tlscfg file for the livery, I've got "eng_type = LEA" and in the ISCS the engine type is set to AUTO. Some earlier comments pointed towards this potentially being the issue but doesn't seem to be the case here.

• Like 1

Hi Carda,
Thanks for these great engine mods...
I installed the CFM LEAP together with BA and easyjet liveries for the A319 by simply taking my time and following your excellent installation manual precisely. The screenshots are especially helpful for comparison and final checks.
The only thing I did have a little difficulty with was identifying the correct location for the engine liveries. I found this part a little confusing but got there in the end.
Just a couple of questions, some people (youtube) advise deleting the original engine livery whilst others do not.
It seems to me this is unnecessary as each of the LEAP engine liveries are contained within their own folder?
Please confirm correct procedure for LEAP and if this will be the same for the other engines you have made for the A319.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:27 AM, slicker55 said:

Hi Carda,
Thanks for these great engine mods...
I installed the CFM LEAP together with BA and easyjet liveries for the A319 by simply taking my time and following your excellent installation manual precisely. The screenshots are especially helpful for comparison and final checks.
The only thing I did have a little difficulty with was identifying the correct location for the engine liveries. I found this part a little confusing but got there in the end.
Just a couple of questions, some people (youtube) advise deleting the original engine livery whilst others do not.
It seems to me this is unnecessary as each of the LEAP engine liveries are contained within their own folder?
Please confirm correct procedure for LEAP and if this will be the same for the other engines you have made for the A319.

You don't need to delete the engine textures in the base objects folder, the folder structure is listed in the manual further towards the end. If you need some help look at A320 liveries that include my engines as to the folder structure, the provided liveries in the pack also includes the correct folder structure with in the livery.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Carda... great work on all these engines... currently installing P&W to Toliss A319... I have discovered the demo P&W engine sounds available from FTSIM+Sounds and just need matching liveries for A319 and your P&W engine... I have aircraft liveries for easyjet and BA and I am trying to find out if either of these operators had P&W engines and if so, where I can download the engine liveries?

HI first of all I love all your engine mods but I think I'm having a problem, I've installed all of your mods for the A321 and I'm getting all of the engines inside of the LEAP, basically the LEAP never disapear and every time I've change the motor the LEAP remains there, any suggestion?

is there any special order for installing all of them? every time that I've installed one I replaced the folder particles

https://imgur.com/a/stk0Pk3

thank you in advance

On 4/10/2022 at 9:03 PM, eltesso said:

HI first of all I love all your engine mods but I think I'm having a problem, I've installed all of your mods for the A321 and I'm getting all of the engines inside of the LEAP, basically the LEAP never disapear and every time I've change the motor the LEAP remains there, any suggestion?

is there any special order for installing all of them? every time that I've installed one I replaced the folder particles

https://imgur.com/a/stk0Pk3

thank you in advance

you've not done the kill data ref correctly in plane maker go over it again re-read the manual, check for errors in the text and possible spaces you've added to beginning of after the text in the kill data ref.

17 hours ago, cardajowol said:

you've not done the kill data ref correctly in plane maker go over it again re-read the manual, check for errors in the text and possible spaces you've added to beginning of after the text in the kill data ref.

You were right! I forgot to follow the procedure for the existing NEO upgrade that I have, now is perfect, thank you so much for your hard work! 

On 2/19/2022 at 1:31 PM, tomcanfly said:

I have this same issue since the latest Toliss A321 update and I'm not clear why it's happened. I've installed your engine mods @cardajowol many times and feel confident in what I'm doing (but always follow the instructions carefully). In the livery.tlscfg file for the livery, I've got "eng_type = LEA" and in the ISCS the engine type is set to AUTO. Some earlier comments pointed towards this potentially being the issue but doesn't seem to be the case here.

Hey @cardajowol, still having this issue above and looking at it again I'm confident I've not missed anything in the instructions (and have all of your other Toliss / FF A320 engine mods happily installed). Do you know if there's another way I could fix the direction of rotation?

On 6/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, tomcanfly said:

Hey @cardajowol, still having this issue above and looking at it again I'm confident I've not missed anything in the instructions (and have all of your other Toliss / FF A320 engine mods happily installed). Do you know if there's another way I could fix the direction of rotation?

Fan Spin, is likely something Toliss changed on their end in the coding, may have flipped the direction. It may get updated in the future, not had time to look in to new updates at the moment. Hopefully soon.

• Like 1

Hey, first of all, the mod is amazing and it's a massive improvement over standard toliss' engines. While using your LEAP engines on toliss a321, however, they seem to be spinning the wrong way. Here is a video of the in-sim startup (presumably spinning the wrong way) - 

And here is a video of an irl a320 with the same engines - 

I might've done something wrong although it doesn't seem so. I doubt I could somehow mess the animation up

Thank you,

Jan.

• Like 1

Since Toliss A319 and A321 have been updated to XP12. The Engine and Blades .obj are different and can not be edited correctly. What do you suggest we do with your PW and CFM LEAP mods? Can you make a revision for the newest edition?

• Like 3