•  image.png.c0e7dc01d11b5ab3a99d2422159d91e7.png

CFM LEAP 1A Engine Mod 2.0.0

(47 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

I Present to you all the CFM LEAP 1A Engine for the FFA320, Toliss A319 and A321 

Leap1AThumnail.jpg.fba31396856a33aaa0cccc368d0ec9e1.jpg

------------------------------------

Fully Animated Interior/Exterior Reverse's with Custom Particles in icing conditions and reverse thrust particle effects.

Installation of this mode is not for the faint of heart'd, if you don't have much experience with mods, please be warned.

Read Manual for more information.

Paint Kit is available as a separate download, this is only a PS Users version, if there is a requirement for others I will see what I can do.

I will advise this engine is an approximate modelling/texturing of the LEAP Engines, I in no way advise this is a like for like model of the CFM LEAP 1A engine.

Enjoy and leave a comment.

------------------------------------

If you do feel the need to send any donations, it is not a requirement but its appreciated. PayPal Link here: PayPal Link

And for any further info on upcoming Engines/Discussions and Liveries check out the REM Club:

Quick Comment - IIf you are trying to do liveries make sure that you are placing the new engine texture in to the correct folder with in your livery, the directory of the livery has to match the directory of the default objects folder, if the LEAP Engines basic texture is in the objects/LEAP Engines folder in the default directory for the FFA320/Toliss319/321, you need to make sure its in there same folder name with in the livery/objects/ directory, otherwise it will not override.

This is a Visual Mod only, there is no change to performance in this mod, you will still get the same performance you would using the CFM/IAE Engines, If your using the Toliss with this mod, I would suggest making sure it is set to CFM not IAE so you will get the "N1" on the ECAM rather than the "EPR"

Previously Known Issues

1) N1 Windmilling might be little fast at times, I'm looking in to it see if anything can be done to limit that. ##FIXED in 1.1.2##

----

Video Preview;

Edited by cardajowol

What's New in Version 2.0.0   See changelog

Released

Patch Notes;

1. Air Inlet Cowling Enlarged to be more accurate to the Real World LEAPs.
  2. N1 Fans pushed back to provide more accurate room in the inlet section.
  3. Update to textures in multiple areas;
    • Cowling - Dirt/Grim and the bottom of the cowlings
    • Update on Exhaust Textures
    • Modified the Pylon Textures - Colour of parts and Dirt/Grim
    • PBRs also updated to add to texture changes
  4. Update to Decals to be more accurate to what is on the cowling.
  5. Multiple Modelling Changes across the engines
  6. (A321/A319) Updated N1 Fan blade to start in the correct direction
  7. (A321/A319) Modified the Particles for lower temperature condensation out of the Pylons
  8. (A321) Manual updated to provide instructions on how to install the LEAPs in a way that can be used with the default Toliss PW/IAE/CFM engines or with my PW Engine Mod.
  9. Texture Format Updated to fit with 11.50 Recommendations all textures now us .dds format
  10. 2K Version has been removed as Vulkan now handles quality of textures.
  11. Paintkit also Updated to reflect Changes.
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 10

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm trying to install for the Toliss A319, but there is no obj file called LEAP-particles in the particles folder?

edit: I was looking in the particles folder, not leap/particles.

Edited by FactionsBrutus

Dose anyone already have the Leap Engine on the Flightfacter A320 becuse I am very new to plane maker I never us it before can some on help me. I am very confues how to do the add my mod to my A320 can some help me or sent me a OBJ files for the FFA320 leap I have no clue how to use plane maker.

3 hours ago, emaresh12 said:

Dose anyone already have the Leap Engine on the Flightfacter A320 becuse I am very new to plane maker I never us it before can some on help me. I am very confues how to do the add my mod to my A320 can some help me or sent me a OBJ files for the FFA320 leap I have no clue how to use plane maker.

I follow the instruction in the manual and my FFA320 becomes like this:105007958_10220206752352321_292968108573

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rajawahi said:

I follow the instruction in the manual and my FFA320 becomes like this:105007958_10220206752352321_292968108573

Did you edit the authors page? that has caused problems for me in the past, redo the install don't edit the authors page, the other thing you can try is reinstall download the FFA320connector off of the internet and put the custom.cfg file that is in my FFA320connector in the pack in to the one you downloaded and installed in the plugins folder of the FFA320. 

On 6/25/2020 at 4:00 PM, cardajowol said:

Did you edit the authors page? that has caused problems for me in the past, redo the install don't edit the authors page, the other thing you can try is reinstall download the FFA320connector off of the internet and put the custom.cfg file that is in my FFA320connector in the pack in to the one you downloaded and installed in the plugins folder of the FFA320. 

I did a fresh installation of my FFA320 and it works well now, I didnt touch the author page by the way

Just now, rajawahi said:

I did a fresh installation of my FFA320 and it works well now, I didnt touch the author page by the way

Ya the FFA320 can be a bit finicky some times.

I noticed the engine fans rotate in the opposite direction on my aircraft. Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Prattpt6 said:

I noticed the engine fans rotate in the opposite direction on my aircraft. Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Which Plane and where you using the 2K or the 4K? they were all going in the correct directions when I tested them?

On 6/29/2020 at 11:23 PM, alertjonathan16 said:

I Have a video showing how to install the amazing mod here 

Not to bad, but you did put the liveries in to the incorrect folder, they should be in the object folders of the liveries rather than in the same folder as the object folder otherwise it won't override.

Also you add the incorrect particle file in to Plane Maker, you actually have 2 of the same particle file on your plane there, you should of put the LEAP-particle.obj on in plane maker rather than the particles.obj which is already on the original plane.

15 minutes ago, Heliplane380 said:

can you make these engines compatible with the JARDesign A320

It is on my list of things to do yes.

On 7/3/2020 at 6:52 AM, cardajowol said:

Which Plane and where you using the 2K or the 4K? they were all going in the correct directions when I tested them?

Hi there, I see the same thing on mine after updating to the latest (N1 fan spins clockwise). I installed the 4K version of the ToLiss A319.

2 hours ago, TangoDelta said:

Hi there, I see the same thing on mine after updating to the latest (N1 fan spins clockwise). I installed the 4K version of the ToLiss A319.

SOLVED! Carda, please disregard my comment.

In order to fix the engine spin direction, select the CFM56 engine option in the ToLiss Interactive Sim Control System.

The CFM56 spins counter-clockwise, same as the LEAP...makes sense, they're both CFM lol. The IAE spins clockwise.

I had the IAE engine option selected, so the LEAP Mod spun the wrong direction.

• Thanks 1

I can't intsall liveries for this at all. I have tried so many times, putting the LEAP Engines folder into ToLissA321/Liveries/American Airlines/Objects (or any other livery for that matter) but it refuses to show. It always displays the default textures.

On 7/12/2020 at 6:20 AM, Platypus-Rex said:

I can't intsall liveries for this at all. I have tried so many times, putting the LEAP Engines folder into ToLissA321/Liveries/American Airlines/Objects (or any other livery for that matter) but it refuses to show. It always displays the default textures.

Can you post a picture of you livery objects folder and the engine textures for the liveries in their folders.

DIRECTORY.PNG.4805b298ae2e89372525aee5f745a056.PNG

7 hours ago, cardajowol said:

Can you post a picture of you livery objects folder and the engine textures for the liveries in their folders.

I copied over the liveries from the 4K folder

DIRECTORY2.PNG

Edited by Platypus-Rex

14 hours ago, Platypus-Rex said:

DIRECTORY.PNG.4805b298ae2e89372525aee5f745a056.PNG

I copied over the liveries from the 4K folder

DIRECTORY2.PNG

Hmm

Can you do the same for your base object folder, showing me a image of your object folder showing the LEAP engines folder and inside the LEAP folder in the base objects folder.

hello so when the engines start i notice that the heat waves are in front of the engine and not behind... also i could not find any file called LEAP-Particles.obj in the download folder!

sipn0gssyic51.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Edited by CaptainBrock

On 7/24/2020 at 1:34 AM, CaptainBrock said:

hello so when the engines start i notice that the heat waves are in front of the engine and not behind... also i could not find any file called LEAP-Particles.obj in the download folder!

sipn0gssyic51.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

The blur infront of the engine is an xplane issue not related to the engines. you can also see it infront of the wings some times.

As for the Particle object its there;

image.png.bb0007900cb57f838c90c271586b88aa.png

15 hours ago, cardajowol said:

The blur infront of the engine is an xplane issue not related to the engines. you can also see it infront of the wings some times.

As for the Particle object its there;

image.png.bb0007900cb57f838c90c271586b88aa.png

Huh weird cause this is all I have. Also there is no way to fix the blur?

explorer_D8QQlFts3B.png.c31cdc1b6841bceba166a1b28297cf60.png

On 7/26/2020 at 4:40 AM, CaptainBrock said:

Huh weird cause this is all I have. Also there is no way to fix the blur?

explorer_D8QQlFts3B.png.c31cdc1b6841bceba166a1b28297cf60.png

Not to my knowledge, it might be the order in which the particles.obj is in plane maker, putting it last might help beyond that its an xplane issue. As for the LEAP-Particles.obj you are looking in the wrong folder the leap particles is in the LEAP Engines folder.