•  image.png.c0e7dc01d11b5ab3a99d2422159d91e7.png

General Electric CF680C2-B6F Engine Mod for FF767 1.0.0

(14 reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

I Present to you all the General Electric CF680C2-B6F Engine Replacement for the FlightFactor 767

thumbnail.jpg.641ca0880e94caee9d07cc5be3761a35.jpg

------------------------------------

Fully Animated Interior/Exterior Reverse's, Engine Flex Animations with Custom Particles and reverse thrust particle effects.

Created using the new DDS format for 11.50 - only 1 version of Texture Size - 4K

Installation of this mode is not for the faint of hearted, if you don't have much experience with mods, please be warned.

Read Manual for more information.

Paint Kit is available as a separate download, this is only a PS Users version, if there is a requirement for others I will see what I can do.

I will advise this engine is an approximate modelling/texturing of the GE Engines, I in no way advise this is a like for like model of the General Electric CF680C2-B6F engine.

Enjoy and leave a comment.

------------------------------------

If you do feel the need to send any donations, it is not a requirement but its appreciated. PayPal Link here: PayPal Link

And for any further info on upcoming Engines/Discussions and Liveries check out the REM Club: 

Quick Comment - If you are trying to do liveries make sure that you are placing the new engine texture in to the correct folder with in your livery, the directory of the livery has to match the directory of the default objects folder, if the GE Engines basic texture is in the objects/767/GE Engines folder in the default directory for the FF767, you need to make sure its in there same folder name with in the livery/objects/ directory, otherwise it will not override.

Previously Known Issues

----

Video Preview;

Edited by cardajowol

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 10/18/2020 at 3:51 AM, Jman1171 said:

Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me on what step i might've messed up or possibly skipped? The new GE engines look like this.  

https://imgur.com/a/EMOShPR

Thanks!

Are you referring to the particles overlapping? I've seen that happen on other planes too, not sure why might be an xplane bug buts not the first time I've seen particles do that. Probably nothing you've done wrong on the mod install so long as you've not changed the coordinates for the particles that were included in Plane Maker.

On 10/20/2020 at 5:24 AM, cardajowol said:

Are you referring to the particles overlapping? I've seen that happen on other planes too, not sure why might be an xplane bug buts not the first time I've seen particles do that. Probably nothing you've done wrong on the mod install so long as you've not changed the coordinates for the particles that were included in Plane Maker.

No, I'm talking about the nosecone spirals. If you look in the first picture they're all messed up in the first pic and I'm not sure what's causing it.

6 hours ago, Jman1171 said:

No, I'm talking about the nosecone spirals. If you look in the first picture they're all messed up in the first pic and I'm not sure what's causing it.

Looks fine to me, its using the Wobbly Ball Nosecone Decal it will be off centre.

I need a bit of help, I can't get the delta livery to work. I have the PNG but I don't know where to put it or what to name I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

16 hours ago, SomeAsianPilot said:

I need a bit of help, I can't get the delta livery to work. I have the PNG but I don't know where to put it or what to name I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

The manual has all the information you need to know why to put the livery, so long as you correctly matched the install instructions. Sufficed to say the livery folder structure has to match the folder structure of the default objects folder, if you have not put the livery in the correct folder it will not override the base texture.

On 10/29/2020 at 7:41 AM, JanekBln said:

Hi very good work, is it possible that the static rotation of the fan in the wind is no longer present? Regards

Depends on whether flightfactor modelled it, if they haven't set Engine 2 in the ACF that no it probably won't I just use flight factors datarefs, if the dataref doesn't change due to wind factor then the mods fans won't either. Not a problem of the mod. 

Okay so I attempted to repaint the engines for an Omni air livery I have, but I am getting an error in XP saying "some textures for your aircraft could not be loaded". I believe I have them installed correctly so I am not sure why they are still not showing up in the sim.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by sho69607

On 11/4/2020 at 7:20 AM, sho69607 said:

Okay so I attempted to repaint the engines for an Omni air livery I have, but I am getting an error in XP saying "some textures for your aircraft could not be loaded". I believe I have them installed correctly so I am not sure why they are still not showing up in the sim.

Screenshot_2.jpg

sounds like you may not of saved them as the correct dds I think there is a particular dds format you have to use. Most likely your issue.

On 11/6/2020 at 4:47 PM, cardajowol said:

sounds like you may not of saved them as the correct dds I think there is a particular dds format you have to use. Most likely your issue.

Okay thanks got it fixed!

3 hours ago, Broccoly said:

Hi, would you be able to mount these nice engines on the default 747? 

That would require new pylons to be modelled, possibly in the future but its not on my immediate list. 

• Like 1

Your engines look awesome, it would be nice for ya to do Pratt & Whitney & Rolls Royce engines for the 757/767 if those are a part of your to-do plans

• Like 2

New issue here after a reinstall. The "missing" file is there so I am not sure what the issue is. It is unedited straight from the download package. Any ideas?

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

1 minute ago, sho69607 said:

New issue here after a reinstall. The "missing" file is there so I am not sure what the issue is. It is unedited straight from the download package. Any ideas? The freighter variant loads fine. Maybe I missed something editing the acf file?

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpgScreenshot_3.jpg.9465c06953ed0ce566c1f827fe2c0e85.jpg

On 1/29/2021 at 5:16 AM, sho69607 said:

The message is telling you exactly the problem. You inserted a texture file into your acf file/planemaker and f-ed up 😛

• Like 1

Hey all I need some help...so I updated my 767 and it reverted to the old GE engines so I installed the new ones again and it seems that the fan blades are practically see through any way to fix this real quick?260697790_767-F_xp11-2021-02-2413_01_16.png.e9ac97bee43597ec36ae47ece470d032.png

On 2/24/2021 at 6:06 PM, Jman1171 said:

Hey all I need some help...so I updated my 767 and it reverted to the old GE engines so I installed the new ones again and it seems that the fan blades are practically see through any way to fix this real quick?260697790_767-F_xp11-2021-02-2413_01_16.png.e9ac97bee43597ec36ae47ece470d032.png

The fast N1 fans are suppose to be some what transparent...

The centre body might still be a little skinny, no? The real one is convex whilst the updated version is concave. (I realise this is a slightly different CF6).

Definitely an improvement but I do feel like the shape is off a little. Thank you very much for your efforts.GE CF6-80C2B2F engine cowling and engine-pylon with cargo being Stock Photo  - Alamy

EDIT: Sorry I just read the first post about it not being a like-for-like and I'm being picky!

Edited by AlexGibbo27

41 minutes ago, AlexGibbo27 said:

The centre body might still be a little skinny, no? The real one is convex whilst the updated version is concave. (I realise this is a slightly different CF6).

Definitely an improvement but I do feel like the shape is off a little. Thank you very much for your efforts.GE CF6-80C2B2F engine cowling and engine-pylon with cargo being Stock Photo  - Alamy

EDIT: Sorry I just read the first post about it not being a like-for-like and I'm being picky!

Unfortunately you'll never find an engine that will be 100% accurate in Xplane than it is in real world, I try my best to keep as close as possible, but I never pretend to say my engine models are perfect.

That being said this engine was a conversion of the CF6 from the 330 so there would be issues with that conversion, like the cowling and the Fans I'm not 100% fond of myself, the GE is something I may come back to it at one point redo the cowling and fans.

So I think I installed it correctly, but once the #2 engine gets spinning the N1 blades disappear. Not like they go semi transparent because they are spinning so fast, but they are just straight up gone. Any idea why this might be. Other than that great model with great attention to detail, keep up the good work!

767-200ER_xp11 - 2021-04-21 00.04.22.png

767-200ER_xp11 - 2021-04-21 00.04.33.png

Edited by Alan Busch

4 hours ago, Alan Busch said:

So I think I installed it correctly, but once the #2 engine gets spinning the N1 blades disappear. Not like they go semi transparent because they are spinning so fast, but they are just straight up gone. Any idea why this might be. Other than that great model with great attention to detail, keep up the good work!

767-200ER_xp11 - 2021-04-21 00.04.22.png

767-200ER_xp11 - 2021-04-21 00.04.33.png

Looks like you set some incorrect coordinates in plane maker.

7 hours ago, cardajowol said:

That would probably do it I'll check that when I get home. My excuse is it was like 0100 local when I tried to install it so I was tired. Thanks for the quick response.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cardajowol said:

Yup that was indeed what it is accidentally put 262 instead of 26.2. Anyway thanks for the great mod also downloaded your NEO engines and they look spectacular. Stay safe out there.

• Thanks 1