•  image.png.9482dad65fbc76551de8aace56890fc2.png

CFM56 5B/5A Engine Mod for FF320, Toliss A319/A321 1.0.0A

(26 reviews)

12 Screenshots

About This File

I Present to you all the CFM56 5B/5A Engine Mod Replacement for the FlightFactor A320, Toliss A319 & A321

CFMEngineThumbnail.png.84febc75eb259942af202d9a34b1c768.png

------------------------------------

Fully Animated Interior/Exterior Reverse's, Engine Flex Animations with Custom Particles and reverse thrust particle effects.

Created using the new DDS format for 11.50 - only 1 version of Texture Size - 4K

Installation of this mod is not for the faint of hearted, if you don't have much experience with mods, please be warned.

Read Manual for more information.

Paint Kit is available as a separate download, this is only a PS Users version, if there is a requirement for others, I will see what I can do.

I will advise this engine is an approximate modelling/texturing of the CFM Engines, I in no way advise this is a like for like model of the CFM56 5A/5B engines.

Enjoy and leave a comment.

------------------------------------

If you do feel the need to send any donations, it is not a requirement but its appreciated. PayPal Link here: PayPal Link

And for any further info on upcoming Engines/Discussions and Liveries check out the REM Club: 

Quick Comment - If you are trying to do liveries make sure that you are placing the new engine texture in to the correct folder with in your livery, the directory of the livery has to match the directory of the default objects folder, if the IAE basic texture is in the ‘objects/V2500’ Engines folder in the default directory for the FF320 or Toliss A319/321, you need to make sure it’s in their same folder name with in the livery/objects/ directory, otherwise it will not override.

Previously Known Issues

----

Video Preview;

What's New in Version 1.0.0A   See changelog

Released

1) Re-uploaded A319-5A Zip file as it looks like it corrupted on upload.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 12
  • Confused 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

if i install the CFM56 5B mod, would i have to have another copy of (for example) the toliss a319 if i want to use the CFM56 5A mod? because i dont see how u can have both mods working on the same aircraft

1 hour ago, GP2_Engine said:

if i install the CFM56 5B mod, would i have to have another copy of (for example) the toliss a319 if i want to use the CFM56 5A mod? because i dont see how u can have both mods working on the same aircraft

I'm afraid so you can't really have CFM 5A/5B and the IAE in 1 install, you could set it up to have 5A and 5B but 1 would have epr rather than n1.

1 hour ago, issa93 said:

hello can i get the difference betwen  CFM56 5B and 5A appreciate it? 

Various visual changes shape, different vents, additional ones, different N1 spinner, in reality they are also have much lower thrust capacity, its the main reason the 5Bs were made to increase thrust capacity for the A321 variant which is also the reason the 5As are not on the 321 they don't have the thrust capacitty.

• Thanks 1

So Im guessing this is incompatible with Matavia mod given the extent of the modding, as Matavia mod modifies the engines??

• Like 1

Hi Carda, great work on these!  I noticed a slight typo on the caution decals though, any chance to fix?  I also for the life of me can't figure out how to get non-chevron 5Bs on the A321.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious.  Any ideas?

w6bST2V.png

UqtFGvA.png

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, issa93 said:

hello can i get the difference betwen  CFM56 5B and 5A appreciate it? 

Here is a direct side-by-side comparison. The difference is subtle but noticeable, especially the length of the engine.

CrZBlHv.png

Ee7BvwR.png

9 hours ago, ProfessorMadman said:

I also for the life of me can't figure out how to get non-chevron 5Bs on the A321. Maybe I'm missing something obvious. Any ideas?

The chevrons are a texture option which I believe is enabled by default, so you need to pick a livery without chevrons (or edit the textures yourself with the paintkit) to make them hidden.

• Thanks 1

Will this mod still work ok when using the NEO pack for Tolis. Such as switching to different engine types in the Tolis Menu in sim??

40 minutes ago, jettojig said:

The chevrons are a texture option which I believe is enabled by default, so you need to pick a livery without chevrons (or edit the textures yourself with the paintkit) to make them hidden.

That did the trick, many thanks Jetto! 🙂 Saved as PNG and converted to DDS using XGrinder

IVhhVrN.jpg

Edited by ProfessorMadman

14 hours ago, tommy1992 said:

Will this mod still work ok when using the NEO pack for Tolis. Such as switching to different engine types in the Tolis Menu in sim??

Yes you can us this with Toliss Default NEO Engines or switch them out for mine. But they will work together and switch between them.

14 hours ago, ProfessorMadman said:

That did the trick, many thanks Jetto! 🙂 Saved as PNG and converted to DDS using XGrinder

IVhhVrN.jpg

Yes but you are using the Left engine texture on the right engine there which is wrong causing you issues on the pylon.

• Thanks 1

Thank you again for another amazing model!!!!

One question... I use Notepad++. I was wondering, how and what do you use to indent the content structure of the *.obj files? Thank you 🙂

8 hours ago, cardajowol said:

Yes but you are using the Left engine texture on the right engine there which is wrong causing you issues on the pylon.

Thanks Carda.  Yep, that was just a rough test to get rid of the chevrons - got the relevant layers all sorted now for each side with the text and other bits properly showing.

4 hours ago, DemonTraitor said:

Thank you again for another amazing model!!!!

One question... I use Notepad++. I was wondering, how and what do you use to indent the content structure of the *.obj files? Thank you 🙂

There is an application for auto indenting but you have to set up a User Defined Language to select certain areas of the code, if you use ANIM_begin for the open and ANIM_end for close, the auto indent will then be able to do the rest for you.

2 hours ago, B0unc3 said:

The paint kit for the 5B variant does not have the layers the 5A has ?

Works for me - I also downloaded the file from threshold to be sure - image.png.53134908b35b60581a06e721028d2516.png

Hi Carda, the layers for the 5B paintkit aren't showing up in Gimp, but the layers for the 5A are showing up, is there a way you could fix this?

Capture1.PNG

Capture3.PNG

• Like 4

Hey,

at first the Mod is very good, but I wanted to ask if it's possible that you make an engine livery for Condor (with Chevrons), and one for TAP (without Chevrons) but with the Lettering "flytap.com". I add a picture of the Lettering.

Thank you🙏

IMG-20211022-WA0022[1].jpg

Edited by Nils0204

Great work, but there is one problem: the engine front cowling is just white, not a gray gloss

This problem is also seen in IAE and PW

X-Plane Screenshot 2022.02.02 - 20.34.03.92.png

Edited by ana348

28 minutes ago, ana348 said:

Great work, but there is one problem: the engine front cowling is just white, not a gray gloss

This problem is also seen in IAE and PW

X-Plane Screenshot 2022.02.02 - 20.34.03.92.png

Looks like your missing a normal, check you actually put in all the correct files in to the base objects/cfm folder.

Can also be an xplane 11 thing, default weather and going through clouds can sometimes cause some issues with normals not showing the cowling looking flat, I'd suggest trying to check the plane during cavok conditions no clouds.

Edited by cardajowol

17 minutes ago, cardajowol said:

Looks like your missing a normal, check you actually put in all the correct files in to the base objects/cfm folder.

Can also be an xplane 11 thing, default weather and going through clouds can sometimes cause some issues with normals not showing the cowling looking flat, I'd suggest trying to check the plane during cavok conditions no clouds.

I have applied all the original files properly but no change

Desktop Screenshot 2022.02.07 - 20.31.30.31.png

Edited by ana348