•  image.png.c0e7dc01d11b5ab3a99d2422159d91e7.png

General Electric CF680C2-B6F Engine Mod for FF767 1.0.0

(14 reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

I Present to you all the General Electric CF680C2-B6F Engine Replacement for the FlightFactor 767

thumbnail.jpg.641ca0880e94caee9d07cc5be3761a35.jpg

------------------------------------

Fully Animated Interior/Exterior Reverse's, Engine Flex Animations with Custom Particles and reverse thrust particle effects.

Created using the new DDS format for 11.50 - only 1 version of Texture Size - 4K

Installation of this mode is not for the faint of hearted, if you don't have much experience with mods, please be warned.

Read Manual for more information.

Paint Kit is available as a separate download, this is only a PS Users version, if there is a requirement for others I will see what I can do.

I will advise this engine is an approximate modelling/texturing of the GE Engines, I in no way advise this is a like for like model of the General Electric CF680C2-B6F engine.

Enjoy and leave a comment.

------------------------------------

If you do feel the need to send any donations, it is not a requirement but its appreciated. PayPal Link here: PayPal Link

And for any further info on upcoming Engines/Discussions and Liveries check out the REM Club: 

Quick Comment - If you are trying to do liveries make sure that you are placing the new engine texture in to the correct folder with in your livery, the directory of the livery has to match the directory of the default objects folder, if the GE Engines basic texture is in the objects/767/GE Engines folder in the default directory for the FF767, you need to make sure its in there same folder name with in the livery/objects/ directory, otherwise it will not override.

Previously Known Issues

----

Video Preview;

Edited by cardajowol

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi, just wondering, is it possible to switch between engine types in the sim? whenever I switch to a different engine, it's overlapped by the GE engine, which seems to be permanent. If it is, that's fine, I'm just curious.

7 hours ago, stenard said:

Hi, just wondering, is it possible to switch between engine types in the sim? whenever I switch to a different engine, it's overlapped by the GE engine, which seems to be permanent. If it is, that's fine, I'm just curious.

If the engine isn't removing when your are switching then you've missed a step in the Manual, most likely an issue with the Kill Data Ref in the ACF/Plane Maker. Check you added them and check for any spaces you may have left in it.

3 hours ago, cardajowol said:

If the engine isn't removing when your are switching then you've missed a step in the Manual, most likely an issue with the Kill Data Ref in the ACF/Plane Maker. Check you added them and check for any spaces you may have left in it.

Aha, fixed, thank you. I had it on the -200, but forgot to do it on the -300. 

first of all what is the big improvement using .dds instead .png textures in xplane?  what .dds format are you using for your. textures there are a huge of formats. I have made and tested several but they crashed the sim while loading the plane    

Edited by thommy24dd

On 5/2/2021 at 12:46 PM, thommy24dd said:

first of all what is the big improvement using .dds instead .png textures in xplane?  what .dds format are you using for your. textures there are a huge of formats. I have made and tested several but they crashed the sim while loading the plane    

dds is a compression format, my understanding is that xplane automatically compressing textures in to dds from png itself, having them already in DDS format makes this process faster potentially saving you performance.

The save format I use is BC3 for DDS, you can us photoshop + nvidia dds saving tools

1 hour ago, cardajowol said:

dds is a compression format, my understanding is that xplane automatically compressing textures in to dds from png itself, having them already in DDS format makes this process faster potentially saving you performance.

The save format I use is BC3 for DDS, you can us photoshop + nvidia dds saving tools

thank you very much. I did never know that x-plane compresses the .png into .dds itself. Now I understand the improvement, even the file size is bigger. 🙂 

59 minutes ago, thommy24dd said:

thank you very much. I did never know that x-plane compresses the .png into .dds itself. Now I understand the improvement, even the file size is bigger. 🙂 

Ya something to do with Directx or something that prefers the use of dds, its a special format to make performance better for games that use Directx if I remember.

Hello,

Just curious if you plan on updating the mod. I feel the fan blades and engine cowl could be tweaked. For example, I feel the engine fan is too far forward compared to the real one. 

Flyboy

On 9/2/2021 at 7:55 PM, Flyboy_1000 said:

Hello,

Just curious if you plan on updating the mod. I feel the fan blades and engine cowl could be tweaked. For example, I feel the engine fan is too far forward compared to the real one. 

Flyboy

One day it will be updated, the cowling and blades do need to be redone, I agree this was a mod made from the A330 GE engines both of which are hold and could do with an update.

• Like 1

Could the Fast spinning texture be remade ? its abit meh and not as good as recent releases for CFM IAE 

42 minutes ago, Hurri Cane said:

I hope to see the engines on the 764 soon 🙂

What do you mean. It will work if we install? 

16 minutes ago, Ant Craft said:

As far as I know, yes, so long as you know the correct coordinates to put the engines on

Is it different than the coordinates given in the initial instructions?

8 hours ago, jordi1992 said:

if you use these  coordinates it works fine  210.89.long vert 0.2621

https://imgur.com/a/Ba9FJjk

So let me understand.  These are different coordinates than what Carda provided in his instructions?  Also, will these coordinates work for both 300 and 400 or stick to the instructions for the 300 and your coordinates for the 400?

Seems once my engines are running, the inside of the engine is fully see through and missing (not slightly like its supposed to be)

image.png

Hey @Carda any Idea why im getting this wierd blue texture when engines are running on the 767-400 in Xplane 12. Pretty sure I have done everything correctly and no different then ive done in XP11. gMrHvTl.pngHrMKtTX.pngNVoecgl.png